1. Baby
  2. Baby Care
  3. Newborn care
  4. Newborn paperwork
necessary paperwork

Necessary Paperwork

You can’t escape the paperwork. We’ve provided you with the links to make it a little easier.

Registering your baby’s birth

You must register your baby’s birth with the Registrar in your state or territory within 60 days of the birth. It is likely your hospital or Birth Centre will provide you with some of the necessary forms or the contact details. The following information will take you to the websites of the relevant departments in your state.

Paperwork for Government Family Assistance

Your hospital should provide you with the necessary forms to claim Maternity Payment and other government assistance. For information on the various payments available to you click on the following links.

For more information see Newborn care or Baby Care.