Rockyroad Christmas Trees
Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
Makes great Christmas gift for family or friends or enjoy as a table decoration! Let the kids help out mixing and cooking this yummy treat!
- 400g dark chocolate
- 100g marshmallows cut in half
- 150g turkish delight (I bought at the local deli)
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
You’ll also need:
- 3 pieces of cardboard (manila folder thickness best)
- baking paper, stapler and sticky tape
- 3 regular size oven bags
- 3 coasters (I bought melamine coasters at a reject shop)
- 3 pieces of ribbon
- 3 pieces of wired tinsel
- 3 decorations (Santa or other)
- Cut 3 × 20cm squares from cardboard. Place onto flat surface. Cut 3 × 20cm squares of baking paper and place over each piece of cardboard. Staple to secure. Hold one corner and roll to form a cone shape, staple together and use sticky tape to hold tip together.
- Place chocolate in heat proof bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in chopped marshmallows, turkish delight, peanuts and coconut. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into all 3 cones pressing in firmly. Stand upright in a tall glass and place in fridge till set, approx 2-3 hours.
- When set, remove cardboard and baking paper gently. Place each tree onto coasters, decorate by wrapping tinsel around tree and slip Santa decoration under tinsel. Place into oven bag and tie top together with ribbon. Fold corners of oven bag under the coaster and secure with sticky tape.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...