Foam Ball Critters
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Create your own critters; spiders, birds, bunnies or kittens.
My three year old twins made these (Incy Wincy Spider and Chirpy Bird)
for their neighbour as a gift for his 5th birthday.They were so proud!
- Andrea, SA.
Foam balls, pipe cleaners, paint, paint brush & tray, eyes, feathers, scissors, craft glue (optional) coloured matchsticks, felt, glitter, pompom, (helpful) corn holder, skewer.
- Paint foam balls & allow to dry (use a corn holder to help small hands to hold the ball while painting). This provides an opportunity to teach children about primary and secondary colours.
- Cut pipe cleaners to size and bend to shape required (i.e. legs, hair).
- Poke pipe cleaners into the ball (if this proves difficult, use a skewer to prepare hole for child) at appropriate locations.
- For bird place feathers in suitable location.
- Use a craft glue to add eyes to ball. (Optional)
- Coloured matchsticks or felt can be used to make a mouth, if desired.
- Likewise, a small pompom can be used for a nose.
- Glitter can be used to spruce up the critter – hair maybe.
- An additional pipecleaner can be added to hang the critter.