I Heart Pizza
Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
At last, a sugar-free Valentine’s Day treat for your child!
Put a little love in your child’s dinner by making homemade mini pizzas in the shape of hearts. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
Pre-cooked pizza dough (Available at most supermarkets)
Shredded mozzarella cheese (For topping)
Tomato sauce (For topping)
Chopped broccoli or spinach (The fun shapes might be a way to sneak some veggies in)
Cubed cooked chicken or sliced ham
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Roll the pizza dough flat onto a floured surface.
- Use a cookie-cutter to make heart shapes in the dough.
- Lay the hearts on a slightly oiled pizza pan or baking tray.
- Apply a small dollop of tomato sauce to each heart.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the sauce evenly over the surface.
- Invite your child to sprinkle the toppings he wishes over the tops.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let the love fest begin!