Crazy Cereal Necklaces
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind Builder
It’s time to make jewellery that’s as much fun to make as it is to eat!
Your child will love making these breakfast cereal creations — plus, it’s a perfect rainy day activity.
Ideal for helping develop your child’s fine motor skills.
What You’ll Need:
- A length of string/hat elastic to fit easily over your tot’s head or around their wrist.
- Choose a cereal that has holes in it such as Nutri- Grain or Froot Loops
- Tie a couple of pieces of the cereal onto one end of the string. This provides a ‘stop’ at the end to prevent the others from falling off.
- Place a handful of cereal in a bowl.
- Thread cereal onto the string/hat elastic until it’s full.
- Tie both the ends together.
Wallah! You have edible jewellery.