After a holiday in WA my husband has fallen in love with the state and we have decided to move. He is currently an interstate truck driver that drives up and down the east coast of Australia. He's sick of this type of work and being away from his family. We have seen jobs in Geraldton where you do 12hr shifts driving road trains back and forth from the mines to the wharf. We have looked at the rent and it is much the same as where we live now in Victoria. I was very reluctant to agree to this move in the beginning because I have Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. But found that here are services available to me in the area. I'm a bit of a mummies girl to, my mum is my best friend and lives only 1hr away from me here. She loves WA and is behind me all the way for the move, but her and dad are getting older and cann't handle travel as much to come visit. We are a very tight family, where as my hubbies family are not. I have a great group of friends here too. But the way I see it, I have just as many online friends too and it doesn't matter that they're on the other side of the country or world for that matter. I have email, facebook, Skype, sms and phone to keep in contact.

It scares the crap out of us making such a big move, but if I could find some friends and support before I move over it would make it so much easier:)