Huggies Forum

Dont piss off debt collectors. Lock Rss

my name he used the phone, his name i used the phone. but i was the smarter one and got his phone disconected when we split. which is what the bills from.

So who is the bill addressed to?????

<p><br>http://www.poqbu

the phone with the big bill was in my name and he use dit though. the phone in his name i used. dunno how or why but we somehow swapped for some reason

Dont get too stressed, being in the country half the time when we get those letters they dont even get here until after the due date anyway,

Just get in touch with them tomorrow and explain the situation and see what they can do for you

they should be able to work out a payment plan for you and alot will do direct debit
Lillie how old is the bill? If its almost 5 years dont worry about it. After 5 years the debt is wiped from your credit rating and they stop chasing ya
Please pay it. It will ruin your credit rating. In my line of work, i run credit checks on clients applying for a mortgage.. and its such a shame to see, so many people wil tele-co defaults. It makes it harder to approve their loans etc.

The will lodge a default on Baycorp/Veda Advantage, and wont be removed for 5-7years, even if you pay it. And then you have to always explain why you have a default on your file, everytime you want to apply for credit (car loan, credit card, store card, homeloan) etc.

If they have called you, and now sent you a letter, they can lodge a default once that 72hrs is up. And beleive, i see Telstra and Optus as the biggest offenders..

(well, in most cases they are within their legal rights),but dont give them the chance!

Call them and make an arrangement, they should help you through it. dont let them bully u

ps : i know it can be pretty annoying to rec;v a call from a company regarding ur account, but they must ask security questions. If you are unsure, call them back?

[Edited on 12/08/2007]

ps : I just read that you have been recieving this letter for 2yrs? Make sure they havvent already lodged your name on your credit file? They debt collectors will have paid out the Optus Debt, and taken it on to collect from you. They will still do this after they lodge the default

They usually lodge within 120 days or so so after 2 years you would be almost certain that its been lodged
the other reason i got annoye dis the guy said he was from such such company and they arent the one sthat WERE dealing wiht it. but a couple months ago i rang the original company and asked what the payout figure was so i could pay it they said they'd call me back and im still waiting.

Posted by: Tysmoo
They usually lodge within 120 days or so so after 2 years you would be almost certain that its been lodged

yep thats true. I am just amazed that the Lillie isnt worried about it affecting her credit rating? Even if its not her fault, i would do everything to ensure they dont tarnish my credit rating.

Posted by: lillie
the other reason i got annoye dis the guy said he was from such such company and they arent the one sthat WERE dealing wiht it. but a couple months ago i rang the original company and asked what the payout figure was so i could pay it they said they'd call me back and im still waiting.

What happens is, the original company you owe (Optus) would have sold their debt to a debt collectin agency. They would have been paid out ur debt.

The debt agency then, takes on that debt, and will pursue you. They are the ones whol will take you to court, not Optus.

Optus would have regarded you as a settled debt. And hence, all your enquiries would be going thru the debt agency

[Edited on 12/08/2007]

i already have a bad credit ratin for the next 6 yrs cos of a loan he didnt pay that was also in my name.

Sign in to follow this topic