Huggies Forum

1st birthday ideas Rss

Hi all.... my son will be 1 in a few months and already the relatives are talking about presents and party ideas....well now I am at a loss....I am still getting ready for Xmas!!!!

Any suggestions for a successful 1st birthday??? I know that I am planning on having the party here in between Jai's morning wake up and arvo sleep so around 12 noon till 3.30pm MAX

And any suggestions on really good 1st birthday pressies???

And from mum/dad something Jai can keep for when hes older...we want to get him something really nice every year till hes older but the problem is WHAT???

Any ideas would be excellent
Thanks
Em

Mum to Jai and Chase!

Hi all!!

I recently gave my first ever birthday party/BBQ at home for my 1year old birthday.

I t was defiantely a lot of work, and i didnt feel i got the chance to really sit down and enjoy msyelf, however she had a great day. I invited all family and friends to the one occasion, and i did discover that it seems people segrgated and stuck to those they know, but everyone said they had a great time.

I was really pleased by the way things went it was a huge mile stone and achievement for me.

All the advice i can give is DON'T STRESS!@!!!! LOL

Seriously we want everything to be perfect for our little ones, and (in some cases) dont want to give certain guests to find a fault with our effots but in the end whos going to notice if something is a little out of place here or there, or if the linen closet is messy. smile

Also If there are lots of kids, make sure you have some outdoor toys or activites to amuse them, if you are going to allow them inside make sure you have a few different DVD's. I can highly reccomend Brother Bear, I have never before that day seen 10 children ranging from 12 months to 12 years all sit quietly at once!!!!

Try to see if you can get help from someone to set up for the day as that is what i found was the biggest strees.

Also prepare as much as you can the night before.

And definately go for an afternoon party!! I had mine at 11am, and was still getting ready when guests were turning up LOL.

And i'll shut up right about now grin

Good luck smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

along the ideas of presents, you will be amazed at how quickly the accumulate clothes and indoor toys so i try to go fore out door toys form me.

When asked what i want for her by other (or what she needs) i usually request next seasons clothes (usually a size or so up from what they are in now). I hate doing that tho, but made my summer clothes shopping much easier this year smile

I cant think of many keep sakes tho, im having a brain freeze lol.

a BBQ is a fantastic idea! That is what we did for our son's first birthday! We had it at a park, as with all the family and friends, our house wasn't big enough (and it meant less cleaning up afterwards ... ie our home didn't look like a warzone)!! Ours started at 1:00 and we got home bout 6/6:30!! Everyone had a great day ... and my partner is the world's best BBQ chef! The food was incredible, my son was just perfect ... he only started getting niggly in the car on the way home! I definitely recommend a bbq!! Great day for everyone!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi all,
I'm in the same boat at the moment, three weeks after christmas is Paige's 1st birthday.
She is getting so many toys for christmas I don't know what to suggest to everyone for her birthday!,my niece was easy, for her first birthday we brought her a charm braclet, and every year we get her a small charm & then something little like playdoh or books so she will always have something to keep, boys are harder though!, we got my friends little boy for his christening a money box that is a train it has little carriges that you can add to it for every birthday up to five with a little picture frame on top - it was not all that expensive & I got it from henning jewlers.
good idea kepping the party short Paige got a bit overwhelmed at her christening & was very cranky by the afternoon, we are just having a small family BBQ at lunch time, the park is a great idea - less mess!
I'm really keen to buy my baby (as a birth present) a piece of Beatrix Potter china as a keepsake.

I got the idea from my husband who has a BP mug that he was given as a baby and an engraved silver napkin ring. They aren't things that kids can play with but they are great momentos and while I always presumed it was girls that cared about that sort of thing (when they were older), my husband is actually quite proud to show off these items that he's owned for so long and to tell the story of who gave them to him and why.

Mum to Caitlin & Owain

hey paula,
that's a fantastic and very unique idea ... i myt use that with my next bub (who knows how soon thst\ll be)!!

Wow those are some great idea's. I think i might combine pauls and jelli's for my kids next bdays smile

My son first birthday party was combined with his christening not much fun for him at all as he is really shy and spent the whole time in a room with aunties and me plus there were no kids his age.

His second birthday was so much fun. I hired a Jumping Castle, I ordered the food so no cooking, plus there were kids there around his age which he got to know through playgroup.

1st birthday presents which were great were a beach toy set which kept him entertained at the beach, four wheeler bikes that he can push, this red trolley from fisher-price that you put blocks in and has lights and music he still loves it till this day. Basically anything with music and lights is a guarented winner.

NSW

Mygirl is like months off her 1st birthday lol shes almost five months now, but I have decided apart from a few toys, that i will be getting her a charm bracelet, and buying a charm each birthday, and present the full thing to her on her 21st, that way there will be a charm for every year of her life to that point. I will be trying to buy a charm that represents that year of her life, so there is a tale behind each one.

Have fun ladies
Love Kel and mckenzie xxoxoxox

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

hi em,

my boys were 1 in November and for their birthday we bought them clothes. For a keep sake when they were born we had a plate hand painted with their name on it and date of birth with a picture of dinosaures. At their 1st birthday we had a cup and saucer hand painted to match the plate.

They are on display in their room.

hope you have a good day for Jai's 1st birthday.

moni SA twin boys 17mnths

hey moni ... the hand painted ceramics are a great idea! where did you get it done?

Sign in to follow this topic