Huggies Forum

BOOK CLUB Rss

crochet_mumma wrote:
Can I join in?
I loved the babysitters club, SVH, Anne of green gables- I actually downloaded all of the Anne books and reread them last year, stayed up late to do that!
I've also just read a few of the Billabong series, by an Australian author, Mary Grant Bruce (another childhood book) really hard to get a hold of them though!
I don't think I have read many of the books you guys are talking about, I really enjoyed Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, actually most of her books (especially the earlier ones) I have enjoyed. PS I love you, that was so incredibly sad, a few others by that author were ok too
I'm having a total mind blank atm about what books I've read lately hehehehehe I'll have to go put my thinking cap on!

Welcome! Of course you can join. The idea I think is just to get lots of recommendations and chat about books. Sounds like you enjoy a bit of chick lit so would probably enjoy a lot of the books many of us mentioned. I've gone across a few genres though with game of thrones etc.

steph19 wrote:
crochet_mumma wrote:
Can I join in?
I loved the babysitters club, SVH, Anne of green gables- I actually downloaded all of the Anne books and reread them last year, stayed up late to do that!
I've also just read a few of the Billabong series, by an Australian author, Mary Grant Bruce (another childhood book) really hard to get a hold of them though!
I don't think I have read many of the books you guys are talking about, I really enjoyed Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, actually most of her books (especially the earlier ones) I have enjoyed. PS I love you, that was so incredibly sad, a few others by that author were ok too
I'm having a total mind blank atm about what books I've read lately hehehehehe I'll have to go put my thinking cap on!
Welcome! Of course you can join. The idea I think is just to get lots of recommendations and chat about books. Sounds like you enjoy a bit of chick lit so would probably enjoy a lot of the books many of us mentioned. I've gone across a few genres though with game of thrones etc.

Thanks grin
I have been meaning to get to game of thrones. And the hunger games too. You're right, love chick lit, I call it light fluff hehehehe
I will pretty much read anything and everything except poetry! Love a good romance novel or crime novel. Anything by Michael Connelly is fantastic- I highly recommend his Harry Bosch series.
Crochet Mumma welcome to our book chatting!

I too love Jodi Picoult! She is one of my favourite authors! I actually didn't like 'Leaving time' though...I just found it so slow! But I like pretty much all of her other books. Well, actually I didn't like 'Lone Wolf' either..

I love hunger games series too! I really didn't think it would be my thing, but a friend insisted I read it and I was hooked!
Thanks Mummsy smile

I thought the ending in Leaving time was mind blowing, and I thought lone wolf was a little slow. She seems to really get into the subject she is focusing on, a little too in-depth though on some occasions! I could not get into the one about the heart transplant at all. There were a few books of hers around that time which I just gave up on after a few chapters. And I hate doing that!

Raspberry Sundae wrote:

Started the Mothers Group so give me a day or two and I will report back on that one!

Just downloaded this, can be my holiday / insomnia book!
crochet_mumma wrote:
I thought the ending in Leaving time was mind blowing, and I thought lone wolf was a little slow. She seems to really get into the subject she is focusing on, a little too in-depth though on some occasions! I could not get into the one about the heart transplant at all. There were a few books of hers around that time which I just gave up on after a few chapters. And I hate doing that!

Oh we all like different things! I really liked the heart transplant one!

I just couldn't cope with all the elphant references in 'leaving time'!!! If someone wants to do a spoiler for me that be great... smile I THINK I generally know the twist but...

I loved 'nineteen minutes' and 'the storyteller'. I thought the storyteller was brilliant. I think 'perfect match' was one of the first books I read of her and it stayed with me for so long afterwards.
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
I liked Leaving Time. But I couldn't figure out how I didn't foresee the end - it seemed so obvious!!

As for being slow I think I read it after a book that was very emotionally taxing so it was a good reprieve IYKWIM.

Just finished Let Her Go ... enjoyed it and like Fractured it seemed to leave me thinking about a lot that wasn't in the story. smile

Started the Mothers Group so give me a day or two and I will report back on that one!

I enjoyed 'let it go' I want Dawn Barker to write some more books!!

Ooo yes! Let us know what you think of Mothers Group! It was a while ago I read it, but found it interesting! Misskel recommended it! Oh Misskel! She would love this thread!!
Literally just finished Bellagrand - Paullina Simons.

For any Bronze Horseman fans this is like a prequel. It started a bit slow but wow it got really good! Now I want to pick up The Bronze Horseman and read it again. Except it's on the other side of the house and everyone is asleep so maybe another time! Lol

Raspberry Sundae wrote:
I should add my what's next list here and see if anyone has read any of them smile ... some of them are form recommendations that I got from here but I can't remember which ones they were.

You should do that, maybe it would give us all idea's too smile
Just finished Mothers Group. I clearly didn't read the blurb what it was about as didnt realise there would be a tragic accident.
In "real life" I doubt they'd all be friends but it was fiction after all!

Ok I need a new book now... Open to suggestions! smile
Just remembered an old fav of mine. White Oleander by Janet Finch. Have you ladies read that? It's not too long and is a good read!!

I'm ready Dorothy Koomson - Rose Petal Beach now. About 40% through it. I can't put it down when I start reading but at the same time I don't feel like much has happened. I do like her writing style though.

Have downloaded one called end of eternity (freebie!) first of a 4 book series so will see how that goes

Steph - yeah there's a lot of story before it all comes together smile
Sign in to follow this topic