Huggies Forum

BOOK CLUB Rss

Did anyone here get into the Twighlight books?

I really dislike fantasy, so read the first book, enjoyed it. Second book, disliked it! Didn't even like the movies...

What books did people read as children?

I used to LOVE Nancy Drew, Enid Blyton and Trixie Beldon. As a teenager I loved The baby sitters club and Sweet Valley High (Cringe!!)
I'll look up those books!

Just a few of my friends got quite obsessed with Twighlight and I just couldn't get in to it...made me wonder if it was just me!

Ha, what a funny story you would get lost looking at picture books! Do your kids like books too?

I've always been a reader, I used to practically read a book a day in the school holidays! Ooo I used to love Judy Blume too as a pre teen! I remember reading 'Forever' and feeling a bit naughty!

Crickey, almost missed the book club meeting!

So many things to comment on...
50 shades... Not read the book or seen the movie, I have one of the books just not got round to reading it. Will prob see the movie once it comes onto sky or Apple tv, dh seems interested in it as it's been talked about a lot on the radio apparently.

Childhood books... I too read the gymnasts, loved them and read them over and over. Also the babysitters club and then svh when I was closer to a teen probably.

Current books! I have a couple downloaded as going on holiday in a few days so am wanting a good read... If they're any good will post an update smile

Else I always recommend Dorothy koomson , my all time fav author!
I read the twilight books and thought they were ok. Liked the first movie hated the second...couldn't even watch it all. The twilight books got dumber and dumber as they went on. Her having the vampire baby was the most ridiculous thing I've read!!

I did like the Hunger Games series though!!

Another great series (although much more adult) Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire. Really enjoyed those. The Swedish version of the movies is good too. Very confronting though.

I also read the ENTIRE Game of thrones series. Love them and love the show!!

As a young teen I liked the babysitters club and Anne of Green Gables books. Also the Narnia Series.

Nursenellie just downloaded Rose Petal Beach. It was reduced to $5.40. Sounds like my sorta book so I'll give it a go!! Thanks

steph19 wrote:
Nursenellie just downloaded Rose Petal Beach. It was reduced to $5.40. Sounds like my sorta book so I'll give it a go!! Thanks

Nice one! I think mummsy may have read that one too

I too read the girl who played with fire trilogy ages ago.... From memory it took me about 1/3-1/2 to get into the first book, so many characters to introduce I found it hard to keep up. But once I got into it I was hooked. Agree the Swedish movies were very good - pleased I read the books before watching the movie as I don't think I would have understood some of it properly despite the sub titles
steph19 wrote:
I read the twilight books and thought they were ok. Liked the first movie hated the second...couldn't even watch it all. The twilight books got dumber and dumber as they went on. Her having the vampire baby was the most ridiculous thing I've read!!

I did like the Hunger Games series though!!

Another great series (although much more adult) Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire. Really enjoyed those. The Swedish version of the movies is good too. Very confronting though.

I also read the ENTIRE Game of thrones series. Love them and love the show!!

As a young teen I liked the babysitters club and Anne of Green Gables books. Also the Narnia Series.

I LOVED Anne of Green Gables too! And the Emily series by the same author!!!!!!

I too love the hunger games! Oh steph, you and I would have so much to talk about IRL!!! smile
Yes I did read 'Rose petal beach' a really good read! I had a real run on Dorothy Koomson thanks to Nurse Nellie! grin

Raspberry Sundae wrote:
Forever by Judy Blume was the most read book by the senior girls at primary school!! The introduction of Ralph was just like the most risqué thing ever!!!

Ah yes Ralph!!! Bahaha!!!!! I remember reading the bit where she said something like "I made noises like my parents" and I was totally shocked/intrigued!!
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
Another Anne of Green Gables lover over here!! I also enjoyed the TV series.

I too loved the tv series! And road to avonlea. I used to wish I could live on prince Edward Island and marry Gilbert Blythe.
Oh I loved the tv series. From memory it was on during the day on weekends. It was just all so pretty! I think I still have the entire Anne of green Gables collection at my mums. Need to pick those up!

Can I join in?
I loved the babysitters club, SVH, Anne of green gables- I actually downloaded all of the Anne books and reread them last year, stayed up late to do that!
I've also just read a few of the Billabong series, by an Australian author, Mary Grant Bruce (another childhood book) really hard to get a hold of them though!
I don't think I have read many of the books you guys are talking about, I really enjoyed Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, actually most of her books (especially the earlier ones) I have enjoyed. PS I love you, that was so incredibly sad, a few others by that author were ok too
I'm having a total mind blank atm about what books I've read lately hehehehehe I'll have to go put my thinking cap on!
Sign in to follow this topic