Huggies Forum

separation and divorce.... Rss

Does anyone want to share their experience?
I'm interested in the process and how you coped, especially if you were formally a sahm with one income family ( husband worked).
Have followed you so I can pm
Thanks so much Miniam

Any one else keen to share.?
Was a childless divorcee prior to my current marriage with DH, DD and DS. If children were involved in the first marriage it would have been so difficult.

Suggest you get some books to read on the subject to help you through the process. You can also get good picture books to explain to the kids. Also counselling is also good helps put things in perspective.

Everyone's experience is different, but the best advice anyone gave me was "Don't ever say anything to close a door" .. .That stoic person who gave me that advice, had the will power to be careful what they said in the break up. Later she got back together husband and had two children, still together today 15 years later.

Hi. We seperated when my son was 4. We are two years into the process, I was a SAHM and now am on the sole parent benefit and have 4 part time jobs. Own my own home ( with a mortgage). What do you want to know?
agd wrote:
Hi. We seperated when my son was 4. We are two years into the process, I was a SAHM and now am on the sole parent benefit and have 4 part time jobs. Own my own home ( with a mortgage). What do you want to know?

Thanks for replying AGD. Basically I want to know the process and any other tips or experiances you have. Clearly this is a huge decision for someone to make so knowing all the info is a must IYKWIM??
Hi, this is my first post, I don't know how to do this! I have a nearly 10 month old with my partner of 4 years and im not sure what to do. We are fighting all the time and currently not talking, it has been like this a few months now. So many things failing in our relationship. We live in WA and both our families are back in Vic. To cut a long story short, he has his own bank accounts which I am not allowed to know how much money he (we?) have, I'm not allowed to claim centrelink because they want to know this and he will not tell me. He drinks and smokes every single night and doesn't have much to do with our daughter, only when he can be bothered and just sits her in front of iPad ???? I'm not working and I care for her 24/7. He has been doing FIFO. I want to go back home to my family and so I have support and can work also. Where do I stand and what are your thoughts? I'm so unhappy with him and just want to be myself and my daughter sad
Bzbz wrote:
Hi, this is my first post, I don't know how to do this! I have a nearly 10 month old with my partner of 4 years and im not sure what to do. We are fighting all the time and currently not talking, it has been like this a few months now. So many things failing in our relationship. We live in WA and both our families are back in Vic. To cut a long story short, he has his own bank accounts which I am not allowed to know how much money he (we?) have, I'm not allowed to claim centrelink because they want to know this and he will not tell me. He drinks and smokes every single night and doesn't have much to do with our daughter, only when he can be bothered and just sits her in front of iPad ???? I'm not working and I care for her 24/7. He has been doing FIFO. I want to go back home to my family and so I have support and can work also. Where do I stand and what are your thoughts? I'm so unhappy with him and just want to be myself and my daughter sad
Hi Bzbz, sounds like you need to return to Victoria for your own happiness and to get some much needed support from your family there. From a legal point of view, it might be wise to see if there are any Free Legal Advice places there in WA so you can be guided how to legally make the move. Be strong and true to yourself.
Both a divorce and a legal separation legally create a space between you and your spouse. You live separately. Your finances are separated. Child custody, child support, division of marital assets and debts, and spousal support (called alimony if you divorce) are all ordered by the court. It will be very sad when a child / children involved during the divorce / separation. sad
Hello,

We divorced in June... and it was the most painful moment for me. Now I'm facing a lot of issues at work and we haven't decided on custody and visitation. Or my lawyer recommended a parenting plan. But I'm not sure.. Has anyone done this before? What is the procedure, if the child is only 5 months old?

Fathers’ rights after divorce in the United States by Tommy Murphy essay writer
Sign in to follow this topic