Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Dinner anyone? Rss

What are you all having?

We are having Jamie Oliver's chicken pie, smashed carrots, roast potatoes and peas. Should be delish!
Haha!!! Gotta love that though RS!!!!!!

I'm really salivating here....unfortunately I'm not sure if the kids will love the pie, my kids don't like pastry...
Yum, sounds great. We had burritos.

I had pumpkin, kumera and capsicum soup with garlic toast. It was delish!!
mustard chicken with broccoli, green beans and carrots. served with mash as well for the kids.

made a double batch to freeze for another night - go me,,,, tongue

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

*mummsy* wrote:
What are you all having?

We are having Jamie Oliver's chicken pie, smashed carrots, roast potatoes and peas. Should be delish!

sounds yum, how can your kids not like pastry? thats what mine go for straight away grin

do you mind sharing the recipe?

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

jazool wrote:
sounds yum, how can your kids not like pastry? thats what mine go for straight away grin

do you mind sharing the recipe?

I know! Weird children! smile They don't like party pies, sausage rolls or anything of the such!

Chicken Pie
(from Jamie's 30-Minute Meals)

500g breast chicken
a knob of butter
1 bunch of spring onions
150g button mushrooms
1 heaped tsp plain flour
2 tsp English mustard
1 tbsp sour cream
300ml chicken stock
a few sprigs of thyme
1/2 a nutmeg, grated (I just used ground nutmeg)
1 sheet of pre-rolled puff pastry
1 egg
salt & pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 200 C. Chop up the button mushroom and spring onions and slice the chicken into strips or bite-sized chunks.
Heat a lug of olive oil and a knob of butter in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and spring onions to the pan with a tablespoon of plain flour and give it all a good stir. Mix in two teaspoons of English mustard, a generous tablespoon of sour cream and 300ml of chicken stock. Finally add some picked thyme leaves and a good grating of nutmeg, season with salt and pepper. Simmer to thicken.

Once your chicken filling has thickened up slightly, tip it into a greased ovenproof baking dish slightly smaller than the sheet of pastry. Cover the filling with the sheet of pastry. Brush with beaten egg and back until golden.

Its quite quick and easy and pretty yum! Next time I probably would do less mustard as I did 2 massive heaped teaspoons and it was a little strong. We enjoyed it, the kids didn't :/ but oh well!
We had spinach & feta quiches with vegies - pumpkin, carrots, cauliflower, peas & corn. First time I'd tried it & DH, DS & BIL all went back for seconds.... I was hoping there would be enough for a second tea, but nope, just enough for hubby's lunch today.
We had Kangaroo pizza!! Hell's latest limited edition, rather interesting, looking forward to finishing it off for lunch.

We had a seafood mornay, it was the first time of made it and it was delish. The ILs came over and MIL was raving about it- it doesn't take much to impress her though se us quite possibly the worst cook I've ever known lol
We had Moroccan chicken drumsticks with mash and veg.

Tonight we are having a bacon hock soup done in the slow cooker. I've never made one before so we'll see how it goes, but it smells delicious!!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Zinkles wrote:
We had Moroccan chicken drumsticks with mash and veg.

Tonight we are having a bacon hock soup done in the slow cooker. I've never made one before so we'll see how it goes, but it smells delicious!!

Ooh yum, anything bacony is usually good!! grin
I've got some oxtail and vege soup on, it's my old nanas recipe and its smelling delish smile
Sign in to follow this topic