Huggies Forum

This Ever Happen To You? Rss

It's happend TWICE now lol.
Went out to lunch with my sister last week. Odered. Arm and a leg that cost. But anyway, we go sit down. Wait a bit. Then go outside on deck so sister can have a smoke. Come back in. Wait a bit. Go back outside for sister to have another smoke. Come back in. Wait a bit. Old ladies on table next to us on the right get their steak........
That's when we knew our lunch wasn't coming. Those old ladies arrived and ordered awhile after us, and if they got their steak before my sister got hers something definitly mustn't have been right. Turn out they had forgotten us LOL. No idea how. Error somewhere. So all of a sudden we have free bourbon and coke drinks (that's what we were drinking) because the club realised they messed up. 1 hour and 40min to wait for lunch.
I've had that happen to me before, different pub, everyone at the tale got their dinner and mine STILL hasn't came after everyone had finished. They'd forgot about my order somehow.
Ever happen to you?
nope!

But you are keeping me busy here with all your posts!
Yes!! We went to a restaurant. We ordered, told them our table number- just as a waitress sat an elderly couple at our table!! So I went back and explained what had happened and this girl behind the counter couldn't of look more confused if she tried. We sat at a table just next to the one we were supposed to be at.

Anyway- half an hour later I went back to the counter and she assured me there was just a back log. Another half an hour I stormed to the counter- STARVING and she looked like she just realised she had made a big ass up.

No free drinks, mind you.

Another time recently- a friend and I went out for shopping and lunch and my meal came out and the waitress told us that my friends was just taking a little longer because of what it was....and I was finished eating and hers still hadn't arrived. The waitress didn't know how that happened. The chefs/cooks must of totally missed her order even though they were on the same slip.

It sucks because you end up sooo hungry it's pretty much unenjoyable by the time it arrives.
We went out with friends for DHs birthday, they bought everyone's meals except mine, plus I ordered a cocktail and sucked a glass shard up my straw from my chipped glass!! They gave me a free dessert smile

Aka G&L smile

*mummsy* wrote:
nope!

But you are keeping me busy here with all your posts!

Flood the Page and force people to talk wink
Tickled*pink wrote:
Yes!! We went to a restaurant. We ordered, told them our table number- just as a waitress sat an elderly couple at our table!! So I went back and explained what had happened and this girl behind the counter couldn't of look more confused if she tried. We sat at a table just next to the one we were supposed to be at.

Anyway- half an hour later I went back to the counter and she assured me there was just a back log. Another half an hour I stormed to the counter- STARVING and she looked like she just realised she had made a big ass up.

No free drinks, mind you.

Another time recently- a friend and I went out for shopping and lunch and my meal came out and the waitress told us that my friends was just taking a little longer because of what it was....and I was finished eating and hers still hadn't arrived. The waitress didn't know how that happened. The chefs/cooks must of totally missed her order even though they were on the same slip.

It sucks because you end up sooo hungry it's pretty much unenjoyable by the time it arrives.

I can understand sometimes shit happens and people accidently forget. But get between a woman and her food and shit might go down tongue
SaRiLaRi wrote:
We went out with friends for DHs birthday, they bought everyone's meals except mine, plus I ordered a cocktail and sucked a glass shard up my straw from my chipped glass!! They gave me a free dessert smile

That would be my worst nightmare gasp swallowing glass. I'd have freaked.
We had something similar happen but the main thing people who come in after you get their order taken first.
Hubby told one guy that tried to push in saying i was here first do you mind me getting served first.

We seen other people get their food first when they ordered after us. It annoying but hubby reckons it's my fault cause i like my meat well cook & that takes longer sad

Ages a go now when DH and were on our honeymoon in Australia we thought the customer service in most places we went to eat and drink just did not compare to NZ. It was a very different experience to what we used to. We had to wait ages all the time even when only a couple of tables were occupied. And the number of times we had to wait for service staff to finish conversations amongst themselves!

But these last few years we a/ can't afford to go out and b/ kids totally restrict where we go.
Yep, has happened to me. Once at a milk bar type thing (was super busy) they forgot my drink order. So I had a go up and ask and wait in the mega long line to find out. And the didn't enjoy it anyway as ds1 (who was 20 months at the time) was sick of sitting

One of our local cafés often forget meals when your in a big group

Yes! In fact when Df & I go out something ALWAYS goes wrong. Most of the time it is something to do with his food. Not good as he's a chef and I'm ex front of house management so we know every detail of how things should be. We can be a bit fussy at times but when it takes too long or is forgotten or something like under or over cooked food, meals not as described, something on the plate that shouldn't be, we always complain and send the meal back or ask for refund. I also don't hesitate to complain to a manager if I get bad service or am left waiting while staff are just talking to each other. If they were my staff they would get a kick up the ass!

Hi skip, long time no see.

ALWAYS happens to me. Pretty much every time I go out, my dinner gets ballsed up, forgotten or is super late. I think the universe is trying to tell me I shouldn't go out to eat...
Sign in to follow this topic