Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Bring a plate! Rss

Well i have managed to avoid having to " bring a plate" until this week.. DD2 has a kindy family kindy night and really wants us to go so looks like we will go... Anyone got any ideas? It needs to be super quick to make as i won't have any time on the day besides about an hour to get it ready..

Thanks smile

Fairy bread! It's always a winner

Fruit kebabs?
Any types of sandwichs or you could do wraps because you only have to make a couple of big wraps and cut them up into sushi sized pieces.

Thanks for the ideas Ladies.

They are cool mummsy.. The kids would sure love me if i made those smile Guess they wouldn't take long to make.

3Tinks wrote:
They are cool mummsy.. The kids would sure love me if i made those smile Guess they wouldn't take long to make.

I make the tea cups for every single birthday party we go to lol they are always requested.

They are super easy I find it easiest to do one thing at a time so I glue all the marshmallows onto the cups then add all the freckles then the handles etc so that I'm not doing gluing one on then putting the freckle on then the handle and moving onto the next lol

Forever, for always and no matter what

Tutu&Lulu wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
I make the tea cups for every single birthday party we go to lol they are always requested.

They are super easy I find it easiest to do one thing at a time so I glue all the marshmallows onto the cups then add all the freckles then the handles etc so that I'm not doing gluing one on then putting the freckle on then the handle and moving onto the next lol

Do they take long to make? I have the day before free to make, they'd surely be ok to make in advance?

*mummsy* wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
Do they take long to make? I have the day before free to make, they'd surely be ok to make in advance?
Yep they keep well. I've made them the day before and then served them at DDs birthday party the next day. Then we eat the leftovers for the next few days!
I actually don't usually do the biscuit base. Its even quicker and easier then! I just make a bit of icing, put the lifesaver half on the side and the freckle on top. They still look really nice, and I think they look a bit more in proportion as the biscuits I bought were too big to be the saucer.
But the pic does look nice with the biscuit so whichever way you want to go!

smile

ETA: Put a pic up when you've made them!!!! smile

Sounds good that i can make the day before... The family night is on Thursday night so will try and remember to put a pic up later in the week... Unless i somehow manage to completely stuff them up then
i may run away! ph34r

HappyHead wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
Well i have managed to avoid having to " bring a plate" until this week.. DD2 has a kindy family kindy night and really wants us to go so looks like we will go... Anyone got any ideas? It needs to be super quick to make as i won't have any time on the day besides about an hour to get it ready..

Thanks smile

If its a night thing I'd be thinking a savoury plate not sweet treats. Something easy and quick and the kids love is sausage rolls, just heat and take along with some sauce. Is it a dinner thing or a party?

We had a family night at preschool and everyone bought a dinner dish.

It's from 5.30pm til 7pm.. Ahh now I'm confused, so you think a savoury dish? Unless I just so some kind of fruit platter to play it safe.

I have been to a few kindy family nights and there is a mix of sweet and savoury plates.

My favorite easy option is a plate of vege sticks. I noticed the parents would choose some carrot, cucumber etc to put on there kids plates.
Other ideas are popcorn, orange slices or marmite and cheese sandwiches.

Keep it simple.
I have taken the cob loaf spinach dip with veg sticks. Super easy, everyone loved it. If you mix the dip the night before, it is done and the flavours develop. Then just get a cob loaf that night, cut the top, pull out the middle and have carrot, celery, capsicum, cucumber sticks. Job done, and kinda healthy.
I reckon that a sweet thing would be fine. Probably everyone will be bringing savoury so your plate can be dessert.

Forever, for always and no matter what

Sign in to follow this topic