Huggies Forum

3 year old stuttering Rss

3littlemen wrote:
anyone have any experience with stuttering?
I know they can have trouble getting the words out when their brain goes faster than their mouth but I didn't experience this with my older two so im not sure what is the norm? Ds3 turned 3 in july and was going great he spoke really well and quite long sentences now its hard to understand him and he has trouble with nearly every word sad

A friend of mine IRL son stuttered and she took him to population health. They referred him to a speech therapist and within a few weeks he had already made huge progress. its been about 6-8 months now and he doesn't stutter at all.
All the treatment was free.

I believe the speech therapist had him in once every few weeks and my friend doing things at home. He was first diagnosed as severe but like I say it didn't even take a year to correct his speech. smile

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

My ds does it too. He has been diagnosed with a severe speech & language delay. Has been seeing a private speech pathologist. Now goes to special school for it.

I have noticed lately he seems to be stuttering. He misprounces alot of words anyway but the stuttering is really noticable. He just turned 4yrs.

I would mention it to your gp and see what he/she has to say.

Sign in to follow this topic