Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. washing machines....now top loader or front???

washing machines....now top loader or front??? Rss

Hey everyone,

Seems my washing machine has completely died so i am looking for another one anyone have a recommendation on what's good or know of any specials on them etc

Cheers

Have a look online... you can compare prices etc. I have a whirlpool front loader and I love it 7.5kgs for.a family of 5

I have a Fisher and Paykel top loader and LOVE it.
I brought it 9 yrs ago and paid $900 for it. It is like the little engine that could and plows through 5 loads of washing most days and just keeps on going and going.
I have friends that have gone through a few washing machines in the time I have owned my one.
I have heard that if the computer goes on Fisher and Paykels then they are very expensive to fix but I have not had that problem and my mum didn't either. Her machine just kept on going too.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I have a awesome machine, love it to pieces! Its a Electrolux 8kg front loader "time manager" ive had it for about 18 months now and it hasn't missed a beat in that time. The clothes feel so much better in this machine than my previous one, and washes my mcns beautifully also. smile

Just bookmarking smile My washing machine is nearly 15 years old and I've never had a problem with it EVER, so expecting it give up all of a sudden one day probably sooner rather than later!
William's Mummy wrote:
BellyDancingDanni wrote:
I have a Fisher and Paykel top loader and LOVE it.I brought it 9 yrs ago and paid $900 for it. It is like the little engine that could and plows through 5 loads of washing most days and just keeps on going and going.I have friends that have gone through a few washing machines in the time I have owned my one.I have heard that if the computer goes on Fisher and Paykels then they are very expensive to fix but I have not had that problem and my mum didn't either. Her machine just kept on going too.
Mine is the same! Another vote for Fisher and Paykel =)

I had a fisher a paykel and just replaced it with a larger one. I love it. It does loads quickly and I get fantastic results. Would only get a top loader don't like front loaders.

Have a look at appliances online. The have great prices but if you find it cheaper they will at least match the price, they also do free delivery and take the old one away for free. Had great service from them and they can usually deliver next day.

Good luck.

We have a Bosch Classixx, which replaces our old Bosch, which finally gave up the ghost just before New Year. The old Bosch we had for nearly 11 years, brought it from one side of the world to the other, multiple moves etc so decided to stick to what we know.

my dh's nan has a bosch machine also, and loves it. Hers is a 6.5 or 7kg one I think

Another vote here for fisher and paykel! Love mine smile
Always love F&P as our old top loader was great, so when it did die on us a few years ago we wanted to upgrade to a front loader of course I went for the F+P - worst decision ever. The "new" one didn't even last 5yrs so once again I've just been washing machine shopping. We got a miele, love, love it. Can't believe what a difference this makes to our clothes.
I spoke to a couple of repairers about the old F+P and a common problem that happens is the electronic board needs to be replaced. Have a F+P dishwasher which is rubbish too, just off the whole brand now tbh.
Thanks everyone seems i'm still no closer to a decision lol i have a large family so was thinking something big we have had a 6kg twin tub forever loved it but as i get older and the clothes get bigger and seem to double as they seem to go through more clothes these days lol was thinking of a automatic now front loader or top loaders lol

~Ruby~Gloom~ wrote:
We got a miele, love, love it. Can't believe what a difference this makes to our clothes.

Miele was our other option...but couldn't justify the cost in the end.

Sign in to follow this topic