Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Quick question about flu shot :)

Quick question about flu shot :) Rss

I am not sure but I don't think you can have it while pregnant. My doctor will not longer do kids under 9 unless for chronic illness that fit the flu shot manufactures rules this bit s*cks big time. I get done every year and my older DD use to due to a digestive disorder but no longer.
You can get it while pregnant, and the Dr on the news the other morning said immunity passes on to the bub until they're about 6months old.

Double check with your doc if they'll do the twins =)

Yep you can have it and bubs will be covered. I had it last year while pregnant.

In WA kids are free under 5 years through the child health clinic, I get mine free through work and DH never bothers.

The CHN told me it is safe during pregnancy smile
I just saw a "flu" story on the news tonight and am wondering whether or not to get the shot for my son, who is now 7 months.

I have never had the flu vaccine (I copped the flu last year while pregnant and was out cold for a whole week)! Hubby does have it though, gets it done at work.

I have always been a bit iffy about it, especially for kids. How many of you have given it to your little one and, how safe is it?
http://www.health.wa.gov.au/flu/vaccination/ind...

Please read this link pinaI. Its got plenty of info. Use the menu on the left side to get info about which ever group of people you'd like to vaccinate.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

If any one is looking for info on any vax go to Google type in the word vaccination and your state
Ie. Vaccination wa.
The department for health in your state will have information on why you should vaccinate and risks involved for each vax and narrowed down to info related to subsets of people ie. Flu vax for pregnant women.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic