Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

oldest living relative Rss

all my granparents past away before i was born except my grandad who passed away 7 years ago. the oldest was 80 i think.
my DH on the other hand has all his alive except for his grandad who died last year (the day after the funeral i found out i was pregnant with DS). his two grandparents on his mums side are 78 and his nana is 92.

My grandma (dads mum) is 84, she is the oldest living one that I can think of.

Sorry to hear about your nana 2tinks sad My nana is also in her mid 90's and she has dementia and is not really lucid anymore. She is in a lovely home being cared for but it is very upsetting seeing her. She cannot move anymore and is in bed all day, just with the radio on. I went with my mum to see her after I had DD as it was important to me that they 'meet' each other. We lay DD on my nan and took some photos of them together. Mum put DD's hand on my nan's face and she smiled. It was beautiful smile But I pretty much cried the whole time. Teary now actually just writing about it!! Anyway, I always say she will outlive us all as she just keeps on keeping on. Getting to 90+ is an amazing feat I think smile
2tinks wrote:
misskel79 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your nana 2tinks sad My nana is also in her mid 90's and she has dementia and is not really lucid anymore. She is in a lovely home being cared for but it is very upsetting seeing her. She cannot move anymore and is in bed all day, just with the radio on. I went with my mum to see her after I had DD as it was important to me that they 'meet' each other. We lay DD on my nan and took some photos of them together. Mum put DD's hand on my nan's face and she smiled. It was beautiful smile But I pretty much cried the whole time. Teary now actually just writing about it!! Anyway, I always say she will outlive us all as she just keeps on keeping on. Getting to 90+ is an amazing feat I think smile

She has been really well Even managed to over come a hip replacement 4 years ago. She also had a fracture in one of her legs earlier in the year and also had a pace maker in. She was still able to walk around until the fracture earlier in the year. As soon as dd3 was born we did the visit and took lots of pics just really would like to go again. She is in a really great nursing home too so we know she is in the right place.....

Its amazing how strong they are isnt it? You know what, if it were me I would go see her. Maybe its your instincts telling you to? I understand what youre mum said, she is looking out for you, but I went to see my nan with DD when I had a feeling I needed to go, as we were planning to go at a later date, and I just felt I should trust that feeling..
My nanna will be 91 next month, she lives on her own and is still very much with it. Her goal is to reach 100, hoping she does it too. She's my oldest living relative

The oldest I know of is one of my pop's, he's 88. I think there have been a few rellies on mums side who've cracked 100 or come close to

Sorry to hear about your nan, if the decline has been quite rapid, she might have an infection, like a UTI or something making her a bit delerious, so hopefully it's only a short term thing and she'll be back to herself soon

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

my Grandpa is 100 in 2 weeks even tho he has had falls, strokes and all he seems to be going well, so witty still he even came to christmas lunch and while here proposed to my MIL and SIL lol....not sure on the oldest relative but say he might be close to it smile

My nanna is 100. In fact she dd2 was born on her 100th birthday. She is starting to get a bit frail, but she's not bad for an old girl. Her older brother died recently at 103.

Sign in to follow this topic