Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

pinterest Rss

does anyone else look on here? I have a question ....

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I have had a look on there a few times think it's pretty good site a FB friend put me onto it smile ......not sure if i can answer your question tho lol

I'm on it but I don't understand it at all. I'm also baffled as to how people keep finding me when I'm not linked to facebook yet all these people I know randomly found me haha it's very strange

Forever, for always and no matter what

well i have just started looking (mainly to get ideas for stuff to do in my classroom)
and I am wondering of there is a way to look at more than 1 page of pictures?

also - had no idea you could find people on there... tutu they must be following you everywhere - maybe looking for channing (LOL)

jazool wrote:
well i have just started looking (mainly to get ideas for stuff to do in my classroom)
and I am wondering of there is a way to look at more than 1 page of pictures?

also - had no idea you could find people on there... tutu they must be following you everywhere - maybe looking for channing (LOL)

haha well i can't answer your question cause i'm honestly lost on there.

But they didn't know about me and Channing back then. It's kinda freaky I honestly have no idea how they found me it must say my name somewhere

tickled*pink wrote:
As in when you have typed in a search keyword? (keep in mind im not a pro at pinterest to say the least lol) I change up the keywords. So Christmas crafts for kids. Childrens Christmas craft. Kids xmas activities... that kind of thing.

Or do you mean something else?

yep - so if I search for something specific (kindy classroom craft) in the search box and then it brings up a page of images. Is there always only 1 page of results? is there a way to look at more?

it just seems like there should be more images stored on pinterest smile

tickled*pink wrote:
Tutu- do these people have your email? They can search for you that way.

hmm yeah I guess they would. I gave it to everyone just before leaving facebook haha thanks that would explain it I don't need to be so freaked out now tongue

tickled*pink wrote:

Yeah i think it works on what people have subtitled the picture as though. I was trying to find baby shower ideas and i think i typed something like "gender reveal" (cant remember what it was i actually wrote) and thought there would be tonnes of images...and there was two. Yet in the baby shower party section there were dozens of gender reveal ideas. Bung.

I've been using google images for free printables for the girls. Lots of colouring in pages and activities for kids- maybe that would help?

thanks tickled*pink

that makes sense. I do google images too, and lots of general searches for specific topics I am teaching. But I htink i am gettng hooked on pinterest, still not entirely sure I am using it right though smile

I still dont understand the following thing. I was somehow following dozens of people i dont remember ever looking at- things totally obscure that i would never follow. So i worked out how to unfollow them and now im paranoid ive accidently followed some stranger again laugh

I used to love to just scroll down that first page- let it keep refreshing and adding and adding to the bottom laugh

that first page always hooks me in - so much cool stuff. grin

I guess thats why i thought there would be heaps more pages of other ideas..... ah well

I love pinterest, and may be able to help...

When you first sign up, if you sign up with facebook you are automatically following all your facebook friends. So when you first open up pinterest, all those random pictures are what the people you are following have pinned. You can unfollow them (i think you said you know how right??).
When you search for something, if you keep scrolling down to the bottom of the page and wait there, it loads more pictures. So for example you type in cupcakes, it fills up the page, and then if you scroll all the way down and then wait for a little more pins will load. Not sure if that is what you mean by page?

You can't follow someone unless you hit follow, and you can always find out who you are following by going to your profile page, and on just above your 'boards' on the right hand side it should say something like 'following 9' and '18 followers'. if you click on the following 9 then you can see all the people you are following and unfollow them if you want.

With regards to people finding you... everything you pin is put up there for all to see. So for example you pin a chocolate cake, someone who searches for a chocolate cake, or just looks on the general food and drink page can see your pin. If they want they can click on your name and then hit 'follow' so that they can see everything you pin. Anyone can do that, they don't have to be friends with you or know your name or email address. They just see a pin that you have put up and use that to get to your profile.

I hope that has helped. Not liking the privacy on pinterest at the moment. Typed my name into google and my pinterest account was the first thing that came up, with my picture and everything. It doesn't have any more details than just my name and my picture, but still... Can't find any way to tighten privacy settings, so i guess thats the price you pay for pinterest... But i love it still, use it mainly for recipes and have found heaps of great ones. I even try some of them wink

thanks Dear Jessley

this helps heaps smile
that was exactly what I meant, I didnt know the page would automatically refresh though so that is good to know

Dear Jessley wrote:
When you search for something, if you keep scrolling down to the bottom of the page and wait there, it loads more pictures. So for example you type in cupcakes, it fills up the page, and then if you scroll all the way down and then wait for a little more pins will load. Not sure if that is what you mean by page?

I hope that has helped. Not liking the privacy on pinterest at the moment. Typed my name into google and my pinterest account was the first thing that came up, with my picture and everything. It doesn't have any more details than just my name and my picture, but still... Can't find any way to tighten privacy settings, so i guess thats the price you pay for pinterest... But i love it still, use it mainly for recipes and have found heaps of great ones. I even try some of them wink

yep, I am not sure about privacy either. I joined up and made up a user name like pinterest asked me too (assuming that would be on my profile) but nope my full name is out there. I havent added a pic or anything but I agree privacy doesnt seem to be very high priority for them.

Sign in to follow this topic