Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Sad and a bit p*ssed off Rss

I family member passed away on the weekend and today I open the paper to find a notice from the family and find that they had spell my daughter's name wrong (great auntie and in-laws did the notice). I would have been ok with it if she was very young but she is 4 and they have regular contact with her. I finding this all a little sad and disturbing that they think so little of her. she is my second child and her name is not that usual.
Tesaandbabies wrote:
I family member passed away on the weekend and today I open the paper to find a notice from the family and find that they had spell my daughter's name wrong (great auntie and in-laws did the notice). I would have been ok with it if she was very young but she is 4 and they have regular contact with her. I finding this all a little sad and disturbing that they think so little of her. she is my second child and her name is not that usual.

sorry about your family member. sad I am learning everyday how crap life can be sometimes. Hope you are ok.

on the name spelling thing... don't stress about it. My nickname is extremely short. 3 letters. It has been spelled wrong my ENTIRE life by my family. 25 years and it was different every xmas card and birthday. 3 letters. I wrote it on a paper once and had an argument with my teacher who refused to believe it was my name. Turns out she was reading it upside down and thought it was a number.......
I guess what I am trying to say is don't get caught up in it. In the big scheme of things it really isn't a big deal. feels a bit like an insult when its your kids, but sometimes people really are just crap at spelling.
Sign in to follow this topic