Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Piercing Ears ??? Rss

My DD is 6months on Thursday i was wondering what age can you get there ears pierced. My DD is half fijian indian sooo my partners family are nagging at me when am i getting them pierced as its tradition in there family. but i will only be piercing her ears when its the right age meaning no disrespect too the family. So whats age is best ?

MOTHER OF ~ PIXIE RAJU ~ 19/01/12
PARTNER OF ~ RICKY RAJU ~ 25/01/10
SOON TO BE MUMMY AGAIN ~ 26/12/12

Just to let you know this post can open a can of worms...

I got my DD done at 8 months old.
I have heard that places will do them from 3 months. I would just ask around your local areas.

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

oh I didn't really answer your question, I don't think there is any right or wrong age to do it.

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

This topic can get very heated laugh laugh

Anyways, I had my DDs ears pierced when she was 7 months old. They were done one at a time by our local chemist and she didn't scream or cry! She's never played with them, touched them etc and they've never become infected. Now she's 4 she loves wearing my $600 diamond earrings bahaha but she has a few pairs of her own and she loves choosing which ones to wear.

I don't think there's a right or wrong age, I think it's whenever you are comfortable having it done!

Good luck with your decision, personally I think little girls look adorable with pierced ears grin

the right age for ear piercing is when you feel comfortable doing it. My 3 dd's do not have them pierced and won't be until they ask. (eldest is 5) they are not interested! I do however know some babies who had theirs done at 6 ish months and were fine. For a child I teach (4 years) picking out new earrings is a treat when she is good! lol so whatever suits you.
The right is up to you all I can say is the it is still a medical procedure. and like with any medical procedure there are risks. I had my ears done at about 10 years I had problem with them at 11 I was told by the doctor to take them out at 15 I have my first round of operation to remove the infected tissue. 21 was the second round and now it looks like i will be going in for a third round soon. I am luck I still have my ear lopes but I have heavy scar tissue. I am now unable to wear any jewellery because of this.
I had my daughters done at 12 months and she hasn't had any probs with them and didnt even cry smile
A lot of places wont do them now before 2 so u might have to ask around ur area to find out where u can get them done, i dont think there is a right age to get them pierced just when ever u feel like u want her to have them done

Awesome so any age it seems. Thanks guys smile

I find the whole 'its the parents choice', 'they had no problems at that age' argument a tad pathetic. There are decisions you do need to make for your child and this simply isnt one of them. Why not let them make that choice about their body. I have a 6yo who simply has no interest in having her ears pierced and thats cool, its her body and the only person who need to make that decision.
I don't have an opinion really on the matter, really you're always going to get people who say it doesn't harm the kids and people who say it causes emotional scaring (personally I think that's taking it a bit far to say that a child will withdraw from their parents over it). I had mine done at 5, my grandmother took me and my older sister out and got them done against my parents wishes. The main thing to remember is some people have problems with some jewellery. I can only wear sterilized sterling silver earrings, anything else such as when I would go out on the town and had long dangle type ones I could only wear them for a short time, I'm the same with bracelets, necklaces and other piercing's/jewellery. It's good to check if your daughter has any type of problems caused by some types of metal.
Fdarling61 wrote:
hey checkout this story for advice http://anaussiemumsdiary.com/at-what-age-should...
Thanks for that was awesome too read smile

Sign in to follow this topic