Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

WHat can i do to help my nephew Rss

i have no idea where to begin,
one of my brothers in laws had recently had a baby to my dads ex girlfriends daughter, they have been on and off for quiet a while even before they child was born, The mother of the child continued to smoke and drink and smoke pot all through her pregnancy, once the baby was born we thought that they would settle down and stop fighting, but no they are still the same, he stays at her house when it suits her, she likes to party heaps but my brother in law doesn't so hes always got the baby at his mums house while she party's and drinks every weekend, i mean every ( there hasn't been a weekend that i know of that she hasn't gone out drinking) shes currently claiming single parenting when i think they shouldn't as they are together, and thats the mummy she drinks on, my brother in law supplies all the nappies and formula, so she doesn't have to buy bugger all for him,
It seems every time my mother in-law sees him or has him on the weekend he is disgustingly dirty and stinks of smoke, never brings food over for him, they have to go buy it, my mother in law documents all this, but its just this weekend he came over he had a huge huge blister on his bum that had been popped and causing him pain, my mother in law took him to the hospital and got it special cream for it. its was so read nearly the colour of blood, it broke my heart seeing it like that mind you hes only 8months old

any suggestion how i can help him, i just feel like taking him away
can the mother in law get custody? or can you and her get shared custody? that poor child deserves better. shame on that mother.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

SunMoonStars wrote:
can the mother in law get custody? or can you and her get shared custody? that poor child deserves better. shame on that mother.

This is something we have talked about
SunMoonStars wrote:

I don't know the law here very well... but I don't think it's that easy to just get custody of a child. In the ideal world, yes but I think things are difficult today.

It would be awesome if your nephew could stay with u, at least then you know he is cared for and safe. But the thing is getting that thru to his mother... who probably relies on her payments and doesn't want to give that up. It's a very sticky situation. I wish u all the best and I hope your little nephew gets the good home and love that he deserves x
it might not be easy but it's worth a try for the babies sake.

he is quite obviously being neglected and not taken care of properly and it's good that the mil is documenting everything so if they do go to court they will have evidence.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

its stories like this that makes me think we should really have to apply for a license to have children...because the wonderful caring people out there that wanted children would do everything possible to pass the test to get the license
Sign in to follow this topic