Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Ive heard that huggies test on animals?

Ive heard that huggies test on animals? Rss

Is this true and would it stop you buying their products?
Test? So they put nappies on animals? blink laugh

Test? So they put nappies on animals? blink laugh

Lol that's a first that iv heard
Iv tested Nappies on my kids teddy bears and dolls laugh
Maybe they test the wipes so the animals have spotless bottoms or the swim pants on ducks. If they test on ducks I want to know if it works cause my ducks wreck the water in our fish pond. wink

Well nappies and the wipes have all sorts of chemicals and stuff in them and obviously chemicals can be harmful yea.. I dont mean putting nappies on the animals i mean like do they put chemicals in there eyes and stuff because i know alot of brands do that kind of thing

Well nappies and the wipes have all sorts of chemicals and stuff in them and obviously chemicals can be harmful yea.. I dont mean putting nappies on the animals i mean like do they put chemicals in there eyes and stuff because i know alot of brands do that kind of thing

Sorry don't mean to make fun of the post. I used to work in a chemist in the UK and we used to have alot of animal activists protesting against the chain so we all were educated on what the company actually did as it was allowed to print that it was not tested on animals but the activists said it did. Anything that is a new substance to be used has to go through a testing proces by law, which involves trying it on a range of animals, each getting closer to humans in similarity and skin types, then finally on humans before being allowed to put t on the market. The testing usually has to be done over 3-5years to check for longer term reactions and interactions with known substances. Known substances do not require this testing. We weretold then all westernised countries have similar legislation. If this is what Huggies is aiding by then I don't have a problem as we would all be protesting if they were trialling stuff on our precious children that may not be safe.

My DS is a monkey smile

My DS is a monkey smile

ROFL laugh laugh

Hi there,

We have spoken to the Huggies Team, who have supplied the below information to answer your question smile

Cheers
Huggies Moderator

We can absolutely confirm that we do not test our Huggies® Nappies and Wipes on animals. That said animals may be used in testing to ensure the safety and efficacy of some raw materials when suitable alternatives are not available and the testing is mandated by regulatory authorities.

Furthermore Ethical Consumer in Australia confirms that we meet all the requirements for non-animal testing. You can review this here:

http://www.ethical.org.au/company/?company=373

We also invest in research that is focused on eliminating the need for animal testing to confirm our products are safe for humans. We have worked extensively to eliminate animal testing of consumer products and replace it with suitable non-animal alternative tests. We have long been a supporter of programs and organizations that investigate ways to remove the need for animal testing altogether. Kimberly-Clark is:

- A founding member of the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), a non-profit foundation that promotes the adoption and regulatory acceptance of alternatives to animal testing.

- A member of the Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments (FRAME)

- A platinum sponsor to the biennial World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in Life Sciences.

- From April 2007, a member of the European Partnership for Animal Alternatives, a common forum between Industry and the European Commission to advance the replacement of animal testing.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
The Huggies Team

This thread is old AF but Huggies don't test these things by wiping an animal with a wipe or putting a nappy on it, what a stupid thing to say!

They test the nappies against their skin for allergies but they also feed them chemicals and bits that go into the nappies as well and test what happens after ingestion.
HuggiesModerator wrote:

Hi there,

We have spoken to the Huggies Team, who have supplied the below information to answer your question smile

Cheers
Huggies Moderator

We can absolutely confirm that we do not test our Huggies® Nappies and Wipes on animals. That said animals may be used in testing to ensure the safety and efficacy of some raw materials when suitable alternatives are not available and the testing is mandated by regulatory authorities.

Furthermore Ethical Consumer in Australia confirms that we meet all the requirements for non-animal testing. You can review this here:

http://www.ethical.org.au/company/?company=373

We also invest in research that is focused on eliminating the need for animal testing to confirm our products are safe for humans. We have worked extensively to eliminate animal testing of consumer products and replace it with suitable non-animal alternative tests. We have long been a supporter of programs and organizations that investigate ways to remove the need for animal testing altogether. Kimberly-Clark is:

- A founding member of the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), a non-profit foundation that promotes the adoption and regulatory acceptance of alternatives to animal testing.

- A member of the Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments (FRAME)

- A platinum sponsor to the biennial World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in Life Sciences.

- From April 2007, a member of the European Partnership for Animal Alternatives, a common forum between Industry and the European Commission to advance the replacement of animal testing.
Indooroopilly Property Management

We hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
The Huggies Team

Thank you for this information! I was looking for similar issue for a long time!
Sign in to follow this topic