Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you eat the same meal 2 nights in a row?

Do you eat the same meal 2 nights in a row? Rss

I was talking with another mum the other day about shopping and dinners etc..

and she said she often cooks extra so they can have it the next night too.

I have never done this, we cook extra for lunches the next day but even if more is left we never have it for dinner again, i just dont like eating the same thing 2 nights in a row.

she thought i was weird haha.

am i weird?

I have never done this, we cook extra for lunches the next day but even if more is left we never have it for dinner again, i just dont like eating the same thing 2 nights in a row.

am i weird?

I do, not all the time but last night i made a big batch of carbonara to have for tea tonight. Why make heaps of mess every night?
Lol, we had lasagna tonight for the second night in a row - so nice to know I don't have to cook some nights!

I often do it because it definitely saves money on the grocery bill.

Lol, we had lasagna tonight for the second night in a row - so nice to know I don't have to cook some nights!

I often do it because it definitely saves money on the grocery bill.

Gee I must be making more work for myself then I need to! Maybe i should try this 2 nights in a row thing sometimes haha

We have never eatten the same thing 2 nights in a row. If i do cook extra we normally have it 3 night later.

All the time. I'm hoping to win lotto so I can afford not to, and also have a chef to do it for me. I'd love to only have to cook when I actually FEEL like it!!
We dont eat the same dinner 2 nights in a row, but if there's leftovers & they're freezable, we'll freeze them for another night which could be a month down the track. I ALWAYS make up a double batch of bolognese sauce for that reason.
Generally no. There are meals (lasagne, curries, casseroles etc) that i make in bulk so i can freeze for lunches or cbf'd nights! The exception is soup i usually make that a 2 night affair but thats cos i make such a big batch that there's enough for 2 dinners, lunch and several containers for the freezer!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

We do have it 2 nights in a row, but i do try to make it a little different. Like if we has spagetti bol one night, we will have the leftovers on toasted jaffles (basically a toasted sandwich) with heaps of cheese so it tastes differently. We never have it exactly the same, like with lasagne we might have it with salad one night and then oven chips and eggs the next or something like that.

am i weird?

Neither is weird. It's what works best for each household.

If I do a casserole sort of dish up, it makes either enough for 4 or for 8, if enough for 8, I divide it into 2 dishes, 1 gets frozen, the other gets eaten in two sittings, but I might skip a night, so eat it on the 3rd night. But I personally love the nights where food is ready, just needs heating, maybe a few vegies or salad to prepare, less washing, definitely works out cheaper as well!!!
Sometimes we do. If we have enough leftovers from one night and I can't be bothered cooking the next night we will. At the moment I try to put some leftovers in the freezer so I can have some nights free from cooking. Although I love cooking I love these nights too!

Never! I will sometimes freeze left overs to have another time but not the next night.
Sign in to follow this topic