Huggies Forum

gender selection Rss

My link

So what does everyone think?

We got 2 boys & we going ttc for a baby girl & hope to be bless with a girl. But we both know it up to God and we happy has long has the baby is healthy and happy.

But i can see why they went all the way to the us to get their daughter.

this is an emotional topic - but i will keep my first response very short & see what happens after that ... LOL

NO. i dont agree with gender selection - unless it is for specific genetic life threatening conditions associated with a particular gender...
I agree with Nai&Beau.

Geez just let nature take its course, what will be..will be! roll eyes
My only issue with gender selection is they did not really talk about parents that would abuse this way to have a baby because they prefer that particular gender of sex over another

As on many cultures boys are preferred over gurls ( very sad)
That's we're I hope they carefully select and allow only parents who have one gender family like on 60 mins
And not just because you have money

But I'm one who would try naturally if after so many of the same sex we both still wanted then I would consider
I only saw a little bit of the show. The part where they said they'd spent 50 grand!
I don't agree with it either.

i think that the main thing that needs to be looked at with this story was the gender disappoinment issue. to me it seems to be a very real issue, not for me personally, but i have had family members and friends who have suffered with it & were all desperate to have a girl and they kept trying until they each had a daughter. I think that the topic should not be taboo and women should be able to talk about how they feel without the fear of being judged.
i guess a similiar debate happened 30 years ago when IVF was introduced.
We doing the girl diet and hubby will be wearing tight undies to keep his parts warm. But that really it for us.

We know the next baby is our last and hubby just want us to try for a girl. If it work that great if it didn't that great too.

It's up to god. We pray for a healthy baby every night.

I wouldn't go to a doctor and say give me a baby girl.

I love my boys and are bless to have them and with the next baby i will feel excatly the same.

I wouldn't mind a bit of blue so ds has a brother but after all our luck just a pregnancy that goes to term with a healthy happy baby is all I want boy or girl I don't care just as long as they are healthy smile
Its all good to wish for a sex or to try the natural route for one or the either but to bring medical science and crap loads of cash into it its a bit too selfish but when there is medical reason as to why you can't have a certain sex different story
There was a doco that followed families on pay tv about this and they did a catch up with mum after having so many boys did the gender selection and had twin girls they were the most spoilt little things and I was so mad as she just pushes her boys aside and made it all about the girls I wanted to slap her honestly it was so damn selfish and unfair on her boys
i agree with the PP... considering that lots of ladies miscarriages, all wishing they had healthy babies and it didnt matter what sex they would have been, to be unhappy because you 'ONLY" have a certain gender, is very selfish...

i personally have had 2 miscarriages and have TTC for a few months now... i would give anything for a healthy baby and whatever gender i got is good...

There was a doco that followed families on pay tv about this and they did a catch up with mum after having so many boys did the gender selection and had twin girls they were the most spoilt little things and I was so mad as she just pushes her boys aside and made it all about the girls I wanted to slap her honestly it was so damn selfish and unfair on her boys

Thats horrible! Those poor boys!!

In my opinion, when the decision is made to have a child, it is on a take what you get and be over the moon about it basis. Boy or Girl, it really shouldn't matter. Gender selection is not nature's way.

I saw that documentary and it made my blood boil. That is exactly why people shouldn't be allowed to do it. Those poor boys sad

So im not the only one who wanted to head butt the tv laugh when she was shopping with those girls and they were like I want I want and she is ok ok what ever you want sweetie
I literally yelled at the tv!!!!
She is going to have some screwed up relationships with her sons when there older and serves her right I would turn my back on my mum if she did it to me!!! But my mum had one of each and said we were as bad as one another hense no little bro or sis for me laugh
Sign in to follow this topic