Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Whats your favorite pregnancy book

Whats your favorite pregnancy book Rss

Up to Duff is great and really funny- would make a great gift .

I also have 'What to expect when expecting' I called it my bible for both my pregnancies, had the answer to every thing I was thinking at every stage

I agree with both books. What to expect answers all your worries and Up the Duff makes you laugh.

Oh It HAS to be 'Up the Duff' By Kaz Cook.
I have been preg three times and it just doesnt get less funny! I have loved it so much I passed it on all three times and had to buy it again!

Hey all, just wondering what everyones fav pregnancy book is. Im looking to get a gift for a friend who has just found out she is pregnant with her first.
I have conception, pregnancy and birth by miriam stoppard, which is a great book, but just wanting to see what other books people have found to be a great help that I can have a look at for her smile

It is not a pregnancy book, but a book I think all mummas-to-be should read is Buddhism for Mothers by Sarah Napthali.
Thanks everyone,
Plenty to think about. Seems like "Up the Duff" is a favorite. I'll have to go and have a look me thinks.
smile

I guess it depends on if you're friend would appreciate a real pregnancy book or something humorous. Also need to consider what kind of birth she would like. I would suggest Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth if you're wanting a book on real pregnancy and birth.
The one I have is by babycenter, "Pregnancy: From preconception to birth". It's been great, tells me what is happening week by week, how big the baby is, antenatal tests, all things birth.... I haven't wanted to even look at anything else!
What to expect when You're expecting. It's really informative. Up the Duff was funny, but if she needs info I think what to expect would be more helpful.

As ruby gloom said- Ina May's books are amazing (if she's considering natural birth).
Sign in to follow this topic