Huggies Forum

sodastream question Lock Rss

I've had a look on their website about the prices of all the syrups and things but I just wanted to know if it's cheaper then buying softdrink. If you own one how much would you spend a month on it and how much do you normally drink in comparison to softdrink? Do you think it tastes better than softdrink.

They definitely make a nice fizzy water. We have one because DH wanted one but it hardly ever gets used. I don't like the flavour of the syrups and DH isn't too fussed on them either so if we do use it, we put cordial in it.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

They definitely make a nice fizzy water. We have one because DH wanted one but it hardly ever gets used. I don't like the flavour of the syrups and DH isn't too fussed on them either so if we do use it, we put cordial in it.

Does it use much cordial?

The coke tastes pretty real so does the lemonade, its all down to how many squirts of soda you put into the drink smile

We buy one thing of syrup for $6 approx from kmart and we can make 15-20 litres out of it...considering that coke is normally $1.50 per litre....its a GREAT BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

The coke tastes pretty real so does the lemonade, its all down to how many squirts of soda you put into the drink smile

We buy one thing of syrup for $6 approx from kmart and we can make 15-20 litres out of it...considering that coke is normally $1.50 per litre....its a GREAT BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

How many squirts do you do? How long does a cyclinder of gas last you?

How many squirts do you do? How long does a cyclinder of gas last you?

Sometimes 3 and the cylinder we had last went through 2 lots of syrup plus there was still some gas left - all using 1-3 squirts each time.

Does it use much cordial?

Not much but it all depends on your own taste.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Thanks for all of the info smile I think I'll have a look tomorrow and see how much they are. When I looked on their website it said they had a few different kinds...Is there one that I should be looking out for or do they all do the same thing.. laugh

Thanks for all of the info smile I think I'll have a look tomorrow and see how much they are. When I looked on their website it said they had a few different kinds...Is there one that I should be looking out for or do they all do the same thing.. laugh

I have only ever seen one type in the shops, but they did do an upgrade so the newer one just has a new design and is more sleek LOL

At the end of the day, they all do the same thing smile

Plus you can take your old cylinders back to kmart and swap them over for a new one at a lower price than they are on shelf smile

No worries for all the info smile Good luck and happy shopping!!!
I got ours from BigW for $69, not a flash one but as you say does the same thing!
So far we have had it for about 4 months and still on the same large gas bottle. We probably only use it once a week now though, but started out 3/4!
Get all your flavours and refill gas bottles from Kmart or Big W, much cheaper!
As for flavours, DH likes them! I enjoy soda water, so that it why we got it in the beginning. Great with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime!
And you can use normal cordial if you like, all the flavours have a guide of how much to use but you can always adjust to taste.
Also great for parties! Took it to Xmas for everyone having mixer drinks, saved a dash to the nearest town (1/2 hr away!).

We love it!

I have only ever seen one type in the shops, but they did do an upgrade so the newer one just has a new design and is more sleek LOL

At the end of the day, they all do the same thing smile

Plus you can take your old cylinders back to kmart and swap them over for a new one at a lower price than they are on shelf smile

No worries for all the info smile Good luck and happy shopping!!!

I bet they decided to jack up the price aswell. Thanks...

Sign in to follow this topic