Huggies Forum

Babies and swimming Rss

Most pools have a requirement that babies swim in swimmer nappies.

I sometimes use the Huggies swimmer nappies that you get from the supermarket, but they are quite pricey. They aren't designed to hold in a lot of wee per se, but catch the poo. You can also get reusable swimming nappies that do the same thing, I have a pair of of Mio (?) ones from Target, but there a lots of different ones out there.

a swimmer nappy there inthe products section in here they show them there about 12 bucks for 20ish or something like that

Huggies. That sounds good. I like that brand. Do I put anything over the nappy pants or they're fine the way they are? Its just for lessons, so I only need them for that amount of time. That couldn't be more than an hour surely?

i'd say just put bathers over them and i cant imagine a lesson would be longer than that
You put them on underneath swimmers. I have found that if there is nothing nasty in there you can give them a good rinse and leave them to dry somewhere and they can be used again (for a couple of times anyway). I'm stingy though, I know a lot of mums that use a new one each time.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate the help.
The swimmers would be in supermarkets yeah? of course? Where the nappies are obviously?

yeah i'd say so
They are in the nappy section with all the others. They are in a smaller blue pack and they come in three sizes.

a swimmer nappy there inthe products section in here they show them there about 12 bucks for 20ish or something like that

That's not bad if you don't go swimming often

I'm taking boys swimming. A bit over holidays need get something along those lines

Casey is over 10kgs last time I weighted him over month ago now.

Will they fit a one yr old ????
You can buy re-usable swim nappies too. I think they cost me about $22 and they are made by zoggs. They are adjustable for as they get bigger too.
Myy DD is 22 months and is only in the medium sized ones, I think they go up to 14kgs and there is a size bigger than that so you sould be right with the sizing.

I use the fabric ones a bit too and if you swim a lot then they are better value. You can chuck them in the washing maching when they get a bit mankey. I have Bambino Mio ones that I just got in the sock and undie section of Target. They have cute patterns and designs and I just put a rashie on to cover her top.

That's not bad if you don't go swimming often

I'm taking boys swimming. A bit over holidays need get something along those lines

Casey is over 10kgs last time I weighted him over month ago now.

Will they fit a one yr old ????

My link here the info <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
I bought the Huggies ones last summer in the smallest size (DD would have been 15 months at the time) and they were fine but we didn't use many, and then didn't need them at all over the winter. So this summer we do need them but we still have quite a few left, and I am still trying to squeeze DD's fat lil' 2-year-old bottom into the smallest size!

How can you re-use them though? I have found that they become very waterlogged, either with wee or with pool water, and they puff up until they are massive. I wouldn't consider trying to re-use them.
Cushie Tushies make a reusable swim nappy

Cushie Tushies

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Sign in to follow this topic