Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

time for a new car Rss

does anyone have a ford escape?Dh is keen to get one as my car is stuck at a nrma place 5 hours north in country nsw as it literally died on our holidays.Dh got the last ticket on the train from tamworth to sydney so he could get the other car and pick us up.Anyway, we have looked the escape and both like it.I like the captiva 7 cx better but dh does not see the value in another $10,000 for basically 2 extra seats.So I am pretty sure we will the escape.Also, would it be worth taking the basically brand new tyres off the car before we send it to the wreckers and try to sell them on ebay?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

In regards to the tyres YES take them off as the wreakers will only profit from them over you and the money is better in your pocket then theirs!!!! Even if you dont want to have to travel home with them you selling them will be more benficial then the wreakers!!!

As for the car we are in a similar stage!!! We are looking for a new car too however we are looking at a 7 seater as we are having bubs no #3 and always have extra kids around!!! lol We like the Santa Fe or the Toyota Kluegar. Hubby likes the Santa Fe more but my brother has a Kluegar and I recently went to Sydney in it (a 6 hour drive for us!!) and being 23 weeks preggers at the time it was really comfortable and roomy!!! I dont know much about the escape sorry but if I was to recommend anything they would be my suggestions!!! Good luck!!! And happy car shopping!!! xxxx

We were looking into getting a Ford Ecapse too but alot of the reviews on the internet are bad and the car dealers have been warning us about them. Alot of people recommend the Ford Terriorty instead.We are not sure what to do. Hubby was also looking into getting Ford Explorer but apparently they have the nickname "Ford Exploder" as the transmission has 2 timing belts and when they go, it is big bucks. Alot of people have been recommending Toyotas as a excellent reliable car.MMmm but I wanted a Ford Escape !So looks like we will continue to look around.

the car dealers have raved about the explorers here.The car that siezed up was a camry 99 model and up until then was very reliable.I test drove an explorer and it was easy to drive but I felt it did not have as oomph as my v6 camry but would be happy with it, the 1st brand new car for me smile.I think dh has already sold himself on it as there is quote request for a towbar for an explorer on another tab here on the computer.Friends part own a holden dealership I think I will call them as hubby won't

Not sure about the Escape but I had a Kluger and loved it! If buying new it is also a capped service price for 3yrs/60,000Kms and its only something like $150 (we now have a Prado and its only $210). The captiva is also nice and so are the Santa Fe. I have heard that the Territory is heavy on fuel.

Hey, Did you end up buying a Ford Escape? If you did, what is it like? We are still looking around at the moment but still thinking of getting one.

we did get it (on monday), we have not driven it much yet.I just drove around our suburb to get a feel of the car and dh just went to fill it up!Its nice to drive and whoever asked(forget if it was you) it has 3 anchor points

That's good ! So it does have 3 anchor points. So i guess it should fit three cars/booster seats accross the back seat.

the sales guy did mention something about it but I was not really listening as I may very rarely just need 1 if I have to take my niece somewhere.

I have a Kluger but its an older 07 model. Totally reliable and I love it!! The only draw back for me being pregnant with our 4th child is that the 3rd row doesn't have split seats (the new models do). I love my Kluger though and wanted the new model for our 4th bub but Hubby ordered a prado because its a proper 4x4 and the kluger is only AWD.

I have a Kluger but its an older 07 model. Totally reliable and I love it!! The only draw back for me being pregnant with our 4th child is that the 3rd row doesn't have split seats (the new models do). I love my Kluger though and wanted the new model for our 4th bub but Hubby ordered a prado because its a proper 4x4 and the kluger is only AWD.

the escape is a 30/70 AWD not a proper 4WD but that's all we need.Now we have to get the plates from the old camry and send it to the wreckers and get hardly anything for it.Oh well such is life.We will just cut our losses as not driving 4 hours to get the tyres etc.We will get our sil's brother to get the plates for us and send them to us via registered post.We will have to do that asap as the rego is due soon.

We brought a Ford Escape 6 years ago when pregnant with our first child. It was 12 months old so not brand new. We have not had any problems with it at all, its great to drive and very roomy. The boot is a really good size - we've taken it on long road trips with 2 adults, 1 toddler and a baby with all the associated equipment and fitted it with no problems.

There are three anchor points in the back, although three full car seats is a very tight squeeze. When our ther car had to be repaired after a minor accident we had to put the three kids (5 yrs, 3 yrs & 18 months) into the Excape - while they fitted it was very tight with the end seats rubbing the doors and each seat touching the one next to it. Not something we'd want to do all the time.

Having said that, if the post about the Escape being discontinued is right then maybe its time we looked at upgrading sad

Jen - Vic. Mummy to Bella Alex & Tasha

the guy at ford told us there will be a new one in 2013

Sign in to follow this topic