Huggies Forum

diane contraceptive pill Rss

It looks like i might have to go on this to try and control some of my pcos symptoms. I know its more expensive so I was wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much it costs.

Also have you had any side effects. I get side effects from most contraception but havent tried diane and I'm having problems with acne and weight as it is so I'm hoping it wont get any worse. My endocrinologist says this should help. Thanks

mum to one goregous boy

when i 1st went on the pill years ago, i got every symptom listed. My GP put me on diane & I have never had any problems. From memory I paid about $20/mth & I was able to claim some back on my private health insurance.

I use the cheaper brand of diane now & i pay about $20 for 3mths. So if you go the cheaper brand its not too expensive..
I used them a few years ago...I was prescribed them mostly for acne. Worked wonders for my skin! And had no problems with weight gain.

with the cheaper brand of diane do you still get the same script from the doctor and its just at the chemist that you are getting a generic or is it a different one altogether

mum to one goregous boy

Yep take your script for Diane to the pharmacy and ask for generic brand. Same stuff but cheaper.

It looks like i might have to go on this to try and control some of my pcos symptoms. I know its more expensive so I was wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much it costs.

Also have you had any side effects. I get side effects from most contraception but havent tried diane and I'm having problems with acne and weight as it is so I'm hoping it wont get any worse. My endocrinologist says this should help. Thanks

oh how I miss Dianne! I've just been told I have PCOS after years of TTC and bad skin etc. I used to be on Dianne for bad periods (pain and heavy) and never had pimples as a teen and it was fantastic. It may have caused a little weight gain but nothing major. As soon as we finally have our 2nd bub, I can't wait to get back on Dianne to help control my breakouts.

I used to pay $60 for 3 months so it wasn't cheap for me, but worth it.

have you managed to conceive easily with your PCOS? We've been trying for 2 years and its so emotionally draining!

T so

Iwould like to try Dianne also. But my age worries me as I am nearly 35 and one dr prescribed it and another said it would be safer to go on another one as there was risk of blood clots. I was prescibed Levlen instead. Really over my hormonal acne and would like to try Dianne. Are there others that are my age or above taking Dianne?

oh how I miss Dianne! I've just been told I have PCOS after years of TTC and bad skin etc. I used to be on Dianne for bad periods (pain and heavy) and never had pimples as a teen and it was fantastic. It may have caused a little weight gain but nothing major. As soon as we finally have our 2nd bub, I can't wait to get back on Dianne to help control my breakouts.

I used to pay $60 for 3 months so it wasn't cheap for me, but worth it.

have you managed to conceive easily with your PCOS? We've been trying for 2 years and its so emotionally draining!

T so
At a place like Chemist Warehouse or Chemist Outlet you will/should only pay around $17-$20 for the 3 month supply.

Sign in to follow this topic