Are we really aware about the dangers of chemicals in our homes?
When you think of “Healthy Kids”, do you agree your first thoughts would include suitable nutrition, enough sleep & exercise? However you should know something more… From accidental poisonings to behavioural issues to dangerous illness, our everyday decisions that we make in our homes concerning household products have a considerable effect on the long term health of our family members- especially our children!
The truth is, many ingredients in the common household products we’ve grown to trust are harmful to our health. As consumers, why would we want such products around us, or our families? The problem is, most consumers aren’t aware of the hidden dangers these popular cleaning products present to our health. Nor are they aware how pervasive these health threats are.
You wouldn’t think that the average home contains more hazardous chemicals & products that are found in a typical chemistry lab, would you? BUT THEY DO!!
If you go into your bathroom or kitchen & look under your sink where you keep your cleaning/ personal care items, what did you find? Most products bare the warning “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN”, in bold type on the label.

Multi-purpose cleaner: “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN” Avoid contact with skin & eyes.
Bleach: “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN” Corrosive, may produce severe burns, attacks skin & eyes, vapours may be harmful, wear protective eye wear & gloves.
Surface spray disinfectant: “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN” Eye irritant. Asthma & Allergy sufferers consult your doctor before using.
Bathroom Cleaner: “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN” Corrosive, may produce severe burns, attacks skin & eyes, May give off dangerous gas- Vapours may be harmful.

Does that sound safe to you? But we still use products of similarity in our homes. We believe that if our children don’t ingest these products they will not be harmed by them. Consider though, most common methods of exposure are through the skin & respiratory tract. Children are frequently in contact with the chemical residue housecleaning products leave behind: may it be the clothes you have washed, the towels we dry them with, by crawling, lying & sitting on the cleaned floor. When infants eat, how common is it that the food is placed directly on a high chair that has been wiped down with a household cleaner? Children, especially infants & toddlers, frequently put their fingers in their mouths & noses, increasing risks of exposure.
DID YOU KNOW that over 3 million poisonings are reported every year & household cleaners are the number one cause of poisonings of children… Scary thought isn’t it!! Have you ever thought about poisoning by inhalation?
Indoor air is anywhere from 2 to 10 times more hazardous that outdoor air. Often when we think of air pollution we think large industrial smokestacks throwing smoke into the sky. It is easy to forget that air we breathe in our homes is just as susceptible to air pollution as the outside air. Indoor air pollution can cause a wide variety of problems including asthma (400 die from asthma every year), dry eyes, headaches, fatigue, nausea, many respiratory diseases & airborne chemicals are a suspected cause of SIDS- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, which takes the lives of thousands of infants each year. As you have read, breathing a substance can be just as harmful. Toxic fumes are released as we spray our cleaners around the room- not to mention the damage of off gassing once you have opened that cleaning products, & when toxic fumes are inhaled, the poisons go directly into our blood stream & quickly travel to your organs, like the brain, heart, liver and kidneys.

Safer alternatives do exist and can actually be more affordable that what you are currently using.
I am very passionate about helping mums create a Safer/ Healthier home environment for their family. I trust that I have been able to help increase your awareness of what you use in your home & its potential impact on your family’s health.

Let me help you like I’ve helped many others and rid your home of dangerous chemicals today!! Contact me NOW to arrange an appointment.