Huggies Forum

Grrr so angry Lock Rss

Well a month ago we claimed baby bonus for our newborn and about 2 weeks ago i recieved a letter saying we havent shown proof of birth so i called and the woman said oh no we have i dont know why they sent u that letter so i said ok and waited another 2 weeks today received another letter saying we still havent shown proof of birth so i called again.
She said the woman who photocopying the form didnt do the last 3 pages and the proof of birth was on the last page.
Grrr Im so mad so much messing around now i have to go and take her birth certificate and more waiting for it to be processing how rediculous for a mistake they made.
Anyone had this happen to them?
Hopefully i wont have to wait another 4 weeks
We didn't have your problem. But we did get money put in our account and we freak out thinking they maded a mistake. Hubby was thinking that they maded a mistake since we weren't told anything and we keep every single thing they send us since i don't trust them with anything. Next day we got a letter saying our paid parental leave would start on this date. So that why we had this extra money in our account.

What get's me about your problem is how did this person forget to photo copies these pages. They would do them on a regular basics, so i don't see how you can make that type of mistake.

Did you keep a record of who you spoke to about this. Just thinking that they may need to be chase up again.

Wonder how many other couples are going threw what happened to you.

Centrelink are always causing problems for people. When we applied for baby bonus they got everything all wrong. There was a gap where they forgot to add bub to the system and then they put my partner as my child... =/ and took ages tpo get it all fixed!!
We've had problems with Centrelink. The most recent one was when we showed them DS's birth certificate and for some reason the woman changed our living circumstance to buying/bought instead of renting so we were being charged several hundred dollars in over payments. I had to go in and show our renting lease again to get it sorted.

You would think that working in Centrelink these people who have done everything a thousand times over so how can these mistakes be made? Too many accounts and not enough staff? Staff getting lazy and forgetting the most basic things? Makes no sense.

I hope you can get it sorted ASAP and start getting the payments.

Dd is nearly 12 months old and im still trying to get her on our Medicare card!

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

When I went in to Centrelink with my Baby Bonus claim forms, with all 3 of my children, seeing my newborn WAS
-sorry DS1 trying to help mummy lol- as I was saying... my newborn WAS my "proof of birth"...

As for other Centrelink stuff ups, when visiting a friend she showed me her online banking where Centrelink had deposited $3,250.00 into her account and when she rang to ask why they'd put it in her account the woman she spoke to couldn't confirm exactly why they had. The following day, kinda upset, she asked me to come over for coffee and a chat, when I got there she showed me 2 letters she'd got in the mail that morning from Centrelink....
One was a letter showing the $3,250.00 has been deposited into her nominated account for the death of her son.
The other was a form to claim payment for experiencing "Tragic Death" of an immedite family member. And a letter stating that depending on the circumstancinces of the childs death she may be entitled to a payout of up to $150,000.000...

Her son was 11months old at the time and very much alive

We've had problems with Centrelink. The most recent one was when we showed them DS's birth certificate and for some reason the woman changed our living circumstance to buying/bought instead of renting so we were being charged several hundred dollars in over payments. I had to go in and show our renting lease again to get it sorted.

You would think that working in Centrelink these people who have done everything a thousand times over so how can these mistakes be made? Too many accounts and not enough staff? Staff getting lazy and forgetting the most basic things? Makes no sense.

I hope you can get it sorted ASAP and start getting the payments.

I think the staff must not be trained very well, or else there is no system of accountability for when they do not follow things up... I don't see how else it could be so bad. Basic things like "you have an interview, come into your local office tomorrow" then "Oh that person told you wrong, it is a phone interview, not an in person interview"...
Hi,
We recently had a similar problem. If it takes longer than 4 weeks then they should backpay for each week after that, that you have to wait!

Ours took about 7 weeks and we received 3 weeks worth of family allowance at once.

Hope this helps smile
I'm not sure if centrelink works the same as winz (I am in NZ) but if their stuff up has left you in the s*** financially there may be an emergency assistance payment you can apply for? might be worth looking into.
we didnt have to show our birth certificates for proof of birth with our kids we just had to show the form that the attending MW and/or obs signs before your released from hospital..well thats all we had to do in the end but we were told for DS that we DID have to wait for our birth cert. which as we all know takes a min 6weeks to turn up! we argued saying that it wasnt the case and explained what was required for DD before...in the end i demanded a supervisor and got it sorted..the lady got a reving as we were leaving the office. remember if your being stuffed around with ANY company (telstra, centrelink etc) you have the right to demand to speak to a higher representative, who normally can actually sort the problem out
Sign in to follow this topic