Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What is the oddest thing you have eaten/drunk?

What is the oddest thing you have eaten/drunk? Lock Rss

Ill start by saying I have tried Snail and frog legs (last year in france..) I remember my father saying he tried some odd things in Japan, im sure he said he has raw egg, and some sort of animal 'balls' must ask him again what else.. I know some cultures/countries will find these food normal, which is fine, but when you are born and bred Kiwi you find some things odd! smile

Ill start by saying I have tried Snail and frog legs (last year in france..) I remember my father saying he tried some odd things in Japan, im sure he said he has raw egg, and some sort of animal 'balls' must ask him again what else.. I know some cultures/countries will find these food normal, which is fine, but when you are born and bred Kiwi you find some things odd! smile

ummmmmmmmm i would have to say calf testicles........my 1st day working on a cattle property where the nuts were still cut out any way the boys thought it was funny to cook them up on the branding fire and tell me they were oysters.....so i had a few before my head stockman stop laughing long enough to tell me what they were
I had a snail pasta and was very surprised. I'd definatly have it again if it was on a menu. Not a lot of snails in it probably 6-8 in the whole dish. I think it was just right.
I have eaten crocodile, at a croc farm near Cairns. They make it into skewers, its actually not too bad.
DH has drunk snake wine in Vietnam - very strong spirit, totally revolting by the sound of things. I wasn't brave enough smile
Neither of us were game to try the local snack food, bags of deep freid crickets!!! They munch on them like we would eat a bag of chips!

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

wichety grubs and bogon moths on a school camp..it was a camp about learning the ways and customs of the aboriginal tribes in the snowy mountains..both were actually quite nice lol. other then that i think i may have eaten cat when i was on a homestay trip to china sad ive never fully confirmed it as i dont want to know ill just keep pretending it was chicken
I went aroud my mates for tea once and had chicken feet soup, needless to say it wasnt my cup of tea
Have eaten Emu, Kangroo, Cat(did not know at the time)
here is a book that I would like to get My link seen it once has some pretty weird stuff in it
I haven't eaten anything extraordinarily weird...
When i was living California I tried lots of Mexican dishes - cactus salsa was something that I really liked
I ate kangroo snags and no i didn't like them. Wish i read the sign before i took one. We went to a concert John farnham. He put on a concert after cyclone larry and i got free ticket and they put food on for us and i saw snags and thought yummy and i took a bite and look at hubby who went and check the sign and we end up throwing it in the bin.

Sign in to follow this topic