Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. My random question for the night.....

My random question for the night..... Rss

Do you make up your beds with a top sheet?

And if so, do you sleep with the top sheet folded OVER the top of your quilt/blanket, or keep it UNDER?

DH folds the top half a metre or so of the top sheet OVER the top of the quilt when he's in bed. It drives me nuts! Cos then he pins the whole lot down onto the bed with his arms.

I prefer the top sheet to be folded UNDER the quilt myself. DH and I end up in a tickle fight almost every night he is home over it! LOL! grin

No top sheet here, just a doona smile
lol smile

Ours starts out folded OVER the doona but ends up smushed under neath the doona hehehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No top sheet here, just a doona smile

See... I can't do that. tongue One time we stayed at a swanky expensive hotel and they didn't have a top sheet. I was grossed out! Cos although they might wash the quilt covers each time, I bet they don't wash the WHOLE quilt. Think of all the sweat and gross stuff that would be inside it!! blink

I guess if its your own home and there are no strangers sleeping in your bed, then its not so bad. wink

I always make our beds with a top sheet ( not sure why as we always sleep on top of it anyway laugh my mum always made a bed with top sheet so guess it is just habit to do what she did) but I fold it down under the cover.

yeah i need a top sheet, when in bed it gets folded over the top of the doona- thats how DH likes it.
I like a top sheet because then i dont have to wash the doona cover as often if i didnt use the sheet. smile

yeah i need a top sheet, when in bed it gets folded over the top of the doona- thats how DH likes it.
I like a top sheet because then i dont have to wash the doona cover as often if i didnt use the sheet. smile

Maybe its a male thing then, to fold it over the top. Drives me mad! smile

[quote name='*Fruchoc*' date='12 August 2011 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1313145758' post='3042102']
See... I can't do that. <span class="emoticon tongue">tongue</span> One time we stayed at a swanky expensive hotel and they didn't have a top sheet. I was grossed out! Cos although they might wash the quilt covers each time, I bet they don't wash the WHOLE quilt. Think of all the sweat and gross stuff that would be inside it!! <span class="emoticon blink">blink</span>

I guess if its your own home and there are no strangers sleeping in your bed, then its not so bad. <span class="emoticon wink">wink</span>[/quote]
No strangers in our bed <span class="emoticon tongue">tongue</span> I always have a doona with a cotton cover so kinda feels nice like a sheet. DH hates having a top sheet and if there is one he kicks it down so by morning it is pushed all the way to the bottom of the bed and I end up with my feet tangled in it - drives me crazy! [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-jumping-smileys.ph...]

LOL!! Love the random question! laugh

Nup, can't stand the top sheet! It always ends up at the bottom of the bed and we just get tangled in it. More trouble than it's worth IMHO!!

However, after taking my mouldy doona to the dry cleaners earlier this year, I see your point Fruchoc about the sweat etc. getting into the doona. unsure Pretty gross but still can't do the top sheet thing.

Can I say one word about that...... EEEEEEWWWWWWW! LOL! wink tongue grin

At least it was mould from your own bodies though, not someone elses. That is why I was grossed out at the hotel and made them make the bed with a top sheet! I can imagine what was said about me after I made that request! LOL!

When you buy a sheet set, it comes with a pillowcase, bottom sheet and TOP sheet.... so what do those who don't use the top sheet do with it??

When you buy a sheet set, it comes with a pillowcase, bottom sheet and TOP sheet.... so what do those who don't use the top sheet do with it??

If I really love the set I'll get it anyway - flat sheets never go astray! Apart from having extras when we have guests I've had plenty of times where all three kids have been sick at once and and I can't wash and dry stuff quick enough so extra sheets will always be used here at some point.
Mostly though I buy a doona cover which usually includes pillowcases and then a separate fitted sheet.
I was brought up to always have a top sheet tucked over the doona, that's how the bed was made too. My DF's family don't use top sheets so I've kinda been converted. When I can be bothered I'll put a top sheet on but I agree with PPs when they say it just ends up in a tangle under the doona.

I always make up my DD's cot with a top sheet tho smile It looks comfy for her.

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

hubby hates the top sheet so havent had one for yrs!!!!! With bubz I dont bother as the same thing happens to her as us...she gets all tangled up lol.

Sign in to follow this topic