Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

can of worms Rss

I'm a little frustrated, but not surprised this seems to have turned into a discussion about islam, muslims, religion, migrants etc.

For me this topic was about wether or not the BURQA should be banned or have laws applied to it.

As I have said in my previous post. My stance is that law enforcement officers should be able to forcibly remove a womans burqa for identifcation purposes. That means a customs offical can remove a burqa for passport identification, a cop for license identification, a security officer in a bank. I would also hope this would apply to ANYTHING preventing the identity of the person being known, so helmets, scarfs, glasses etc. Obviously if a scarf for example was not hindering the identity of a person it would not be removed. This does not me (for me) that those who chose to wear a burqa are stopped from doing so, it just means that if the walk into a bank they identify themself, they travel international then they identify themself.

This has NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with culture, religion, migration etc. It's a fact of security which EVERY PERSON in Australia has a right to just as much as they have a right to personal expression.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I did have a few lovely things to say to this lovely lady, i think she was shocked i spoke back to her... i agree with the other posts that they are the guests in our country and should have to conform to our way of life.. lets face it who wouldn’t want the aussie way of life????? I have a gf who is going over to saudia Arabia in a few weeks and she has had to buy all long sleeve tops and pants to she cant enter... why cant they do the same thing here??
What really pisses me off is that the burqua etc are not originally a sign of religion and still aren’t they have just carried on so much that society now goes along with it.

Hello to everyone i am new to the forum, I was on another forum but I left. I usually don't speak up on issues like this but feel like I should now after reading this. That is so racist and horrible michaela86! You seem silly and ignorant in what you are saying and I hope that your poor children do not turn out like that. Even if it isn't a sign of religion why does that mean that a woman can't wear one? I am happy that Aussie law is more accepting that Saudi law. It seems really ott to think we should be like them and stop women wearing the burqa.

Hello to everyone i am new to the forum, I was on another forum but I left. I usually don't speak up on issues like this but feel like I should now after reading this. That is so racist and horrible michaela86! You seem silly and ignorant in what you are saying and I hope that your poor children do not turn out like that. Even if it isn't a sign of religion why does that mean that a woman can't wear one? I am happy that Aussie law is more accepting that Saudi law. It seems really ott to think we should be like them and stop women wearing the burqa.

oh come on!

this is so obviously a troll trying to stir sh!t and/or one of the muslim women in hiding cause they are to scared to say what they want with their real membership.

seriously that is pathetic!

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Sign in to follow this topic