Huggies Forum

can of worms Lock Rss

Hey all...

did anyone watch the debate on can of worms or what ever its called? does the burqa have a place in australia??? I was wondering what everyone thought?
i have a story about it.. the other week me and DS were out shopping and there was a woman wearing one... DS started getting excited and not so quietly says "LOOK MUMMY THERE IS A NINJA, I CANT BELIEVE IT A REAL LIFE NINJA"
i couldnt believe it i had a little giggle as he was being totally innocent and i said to him shh darling please dont yell... the woman turns around and says to DS who is 4 i dont like your racist comment and looked at me and told me to keep him quiet next time... i was gob smacked.

1st baby due start of sep

He he he he

Gotta love when kids come out with akward comments. I remember meeting a lady at the train station who was undergoing chemotherapy. She had a scarf on her head and DS (3) called her a pirate! lol she took it in good humour though.

tbh, the woman you're describing sounds a bit bitchy lol, but she probably cops a lot of flack so is very defensive iykwim? Don't take it personally smile

As for the debate, I have a much bigger issue with "leggings as pants" than I do with a burqua. smile

He he he he

Gotta love when kids come out with akward comments. I remember meeting a lady at the train station who was undergoing chemotherapy. She had a scarf on her head and DS (3) called her a pirate! lol she took it in good humour though.

tbh, the woman you're describing sounds a bit bitchy lol, but she probably cops a lot of flack so is very defensive iykwim? Don't take it personally smile

As for the debate, I have a much bigger issue with "leggings as pants" than I do with a burqua. smile

uggggggh the jeggin.. they need to be burnt!!!!! almost as flattering as the muffin top LOL

1st baby due start of sep

I would of peed myself laughing n then would of said "hes a child how is a child racist he is just saying what he sees in his eyes"

she obviously wasnt a very good ninja they are never seen lol
I think it is absolutley disgusting that everytime someone draws attention to their head ware they call it racsism!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every person in Australia has a right to safety and a responsibility to help the law enforcement keep us safe! The burqua hinders this ability in that passports cannot be checked, drivers liscense cannot be checked. A woman was let free because a judge couldn't be sure she was a person in video footage.

ALL law enforcement officers should have the power to forcible remove head attire regardless of it's function (helmet, scarf, dark glasses, burqua, hats etc.) when the person refuses to themself.

I understand that this is a huge cultural thing for these people but if they don't like our laws and our way of life then they are free to leave! Besides if they aren't doing anything wrong then they don't have anything to worry about.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I hate how they want to bring in their own laws just for them here which include family laws(so they can deal with it how they would at home) and interest free loans as its illegal for them apprently to play interest, with the banking thing if they can have it we should all be able to have it

I hate how they want to bring in their own laws just for them here which include family laws(so they can deal with it how they would at home) and interest free loans as its illegal for them apprently to play interest, with the banking thing if they can have it we should all be able to have it

Im totally against them having there own laws, if life over there was so great why dont they go back? I dont think its fair for immigrants to have there own rules, if they dont want to pay interest, dont buy a house!! Im sorry, they make me so angry, there is nothing wrong with our laws or our banking system, they knew them when they moved here, we dont go over there an demand new laws.

Hey all...

did anyone watch the debate on can of worms or what ever its called? does the burqa have a place in australia??? I was wondering what everyone thought?
i have a story about it.. the other week me and DS were out shopping and there was a woman wearing one... DS started getting excited and not so quietly says "LOOK MUMMY THERE IS A NINJA, I CANT BELIEVE IT A REAL LIFE NINJA"
i couldnt believe it i had a little giggle as he was being totally innocent and i said to him shh darling please dont yell... the woman turns around and says to DS who is 4 i dont like your racist comment and looked at me and told me to keep him quiet next time... i was gob smacked.

laugh laugh I would have had alot to say to that lady if she said that to one my kids!!!!!
I am against the burqa for security reasons use to work in a high risk job and when you can not see people faces it can be very scary.

If I want to following the life of a Knight does that give me the right to walk down the street in full body armour with a sword
im against it,,i think yes everyone has a right to wear what they want..but perfect example qld is banning hoodies as its how people r getting away with crime but burquas arnt banned??
my opinion is this:
ppl should have the right to wear what ever they want burqa's jegging tattoos peircing whatever.
But making the choice to look different, may attract different attention, like kids thinking ur a ninja!!! It's not racist it's what they see.
I dont care what the reasons are for wearing them.
I think there should be regulations/ laws preventing ppl from covering their faces in certain situations.
wearing a face covering is the same at wearing a helmet or balaclava.

U should not be allowed to enter banks or shops with face coverings and as previously mentioned authority should have the right to remove face coverings if the person refuses to do so themselves.

I am not racist and think they should have the right to wear them but they should expect to be treated different if they want to dress different.

My son is 2 1/2 and is always asking questions about things he is seeing for the 1st time. He has said about wheelchairs, tattooed faces, peirced faces, ppls funny hair-do's. and all i can do is tell him the truth!!
If my son pointed out a ninja i would find it funny as!! and if the lady told me i should keep him quiet i would tell her to go * herself!!! i would tell her if she doesn't like the attention, dont wear it.

Kiddi <3

I think burqas should be removed for security reasons as necessary in places like banks, post offices, and on aeroplanes. Other than that, I don't really care whether people wear them or not, except ...

I think that all immigrants and all travellers should respect the customs (as well as the laws) of the country that they are in. If we went to Saudi Arabia or somewhere, we would know that we would have to wear headscarves and full body coverings in public, and I certainly wouldn't object because I am the visitor to their country. Ergo, if they come to our country, they should fall into line with us.

It is about having respect for your hosts, and it is about the fact that if you don't like it here then no-one is stopping you going back to where you came from. Why not go back, if your customs and culture is so much better?

I think we need to look at countries like the UK as an example of what NOT to do. The UK has pandered to immigrants, allowed them to be treated as special and allowed them to have their own way, to the point where minority ethnic groups believe they have an automatic entitlement to do exactly as they please. But over there, it isn't as simple as saying "go back home if you don't like it" because many of these people are third and fourth generation British. However, we're not at that point because these people are immigrants to us - they're not Australian born - so we need to nip it in the bud before we get to that point.

Don't get me started on Sharia law. It absolutely has no place here. I fail to see how a country can operate if it were to have two different (incompatible) sets of laws applicable to the population.
Sign in to follow this topic