Huggies Forum

Worried about Immunisations Lock Rss

Hi, I have a 2 Year old Daughter who has been Vaccinated with no problems. Since then my friends son was vaccinated, and he turned blue and stopped breathing moments after he was given the shot. He was at the Dr so they were able to help, but it scared me so much that I have been studying vaccines etc and Im now convinced theyre dangerous!!! I have a 3 month old son who hasnt been vaccinated due to my fears. I am treating him with Homeopathy which at this stage seems to be amazing and safe. I still have a fear of not vaccinating, but I have a fear of vaccinating too. Dont know what to do!!! Either way I think is risky.... Im also scared about Autism... Are there any other mums out there that havent vaccinated their child??
Hey there, I'm sorry, I don't have any answers that will help you 'decide', as this is an ongoing debate topic here and the conclusion usually comes down to what you individually are willing to risk/not risk as a parent...

but there was a very interesting debate on here awhile ago about vaccinations...it's 11 pages long and has some really interesting information from both sides of the debate. Check it out. <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

60 minutes vaccination debate
The way I look at it, I hate my kids being sick and I would never forgive myself if they got sick with something that could of been prevented by a simple vaccine. So I am pro vacs

I am also pro vac. Both my DSs who are 3years old and 10months are fully update with there immunusations and have no problems and are healthy boys. I did a lot of research before i decided on immunisations.
We have two boys, one is fully vaccinated for his age, the other one not and if we ever had anymore children we would, at the very least, be delaying vaccinating for at least 2 years.

Like you, I think both options have their risks...and you have to decide which one you think you can live with. Having said that, you can always decide to vaccinate later, but you can't undo any vaccinations that you give.

For now, we have decided that the risks of not vaccinating aren't that great so we delayed DS2's 15 month jabs (we are in NZ) for me to do some research and he is not likely to be getting the 4 year ones that are due either at this stage. We will probably re-evaluate again next year when he is due to start school and if we decide to carry on delaying then periodically until he is probably 11 or 12 where we will look at whether to vaccinate him against things he might not have had yet and isn't immune to after a blood test.

I don't like the idea of my kids getting sick anymore than anyone else, but a vaccine isn't 100% and thus isn't going to guarantee that they don't ever get a 'vaccine preventable' disease. If I am honest if they are going to get them I'd rather they had them as children than be worrying about the increased risks of serious complications and/or death when they are 18, 25,30 and get these diseases due to waning immunity.

We do what we can live with, which might not be what someone else can live with. I am not 'pro vax' or 'anti vax',I am pro choice and I support parents rights to make those sorts of decisions for themselves and not be told there is only one 'right' way.

Good luck with your decision.

I'm pro immunisations for a few reasons. I have nursed children with whooping cough, & seen the damage that is causes for babies under six weeks (brain damage etc). I have banned some of my own family from seeing my new bub specifically because they have colds or becuase they haven't had their pertussis booster. Babies will get a certain amount of protection from their mothers if they are breast fed also.
Immunisations have changed dramatically over the years, the boy you were referring to may have had an idiosyncratic reaction (specific to him), this does not mean it will happen to your child. Of course there are always risks, but the benefit must outweigh the risks?

Hi, I have a 2 Year old Daughter who has been Vaccinated with no problems. Since then my friends son was vaccinated, and he turned blue and stopped breathing moments after he was given the shot. He was at the Dr so they were able to help, but it scared me so much that I have been studying vaccines etc and Im now convinced theyre dangerous!!! I have a 3 month old son who hasnt been vaccinated due to my fears. I am treating him with Homeopathy which at this stage seems to be amazing and safe. I still have a fear of not vaccinating, but I have a fear of vaccinating too. Dont know what to do!!! Either way I think is risky.... Im also scared about Autism... Are there any other mums out there that havent vaccinated their child??

Hey Hun,

I know how you feel. This topic has done my head in since I was pregnant. At the end, after a lot of research and talking to many people (including parents of children who have been damaged by vaccines), we decided not to vaccinate our son. I've heard too many horror stories of severe reactions and like 'C_hippie_kiwi' said, you can always decide to vaccinate later, but you can't undo any vaccinations that you give.

I know a little girl who has autism. They found high levels of toxins in her body after the MMR and they are now trying to flush it all out using naturopathy and have already seen major improvements.

Also, my midwife at the hospital told me that she doesn't get her kids vaccinated either which made me feel more reassured. We had a looong chat 1 night while i was there because i was dwelling over my decision. She said more and more people now are refusing vaccinations because they are seeing more harm than good.

From what i remember, parents used to put their children near other kids who had childhood diseases such as chicken pox - to get lifetime immunity..whats wrong with that? we all turned out okay..plus it's better to get it as a child than as a adult
I just want to point out that Chicken Pox isn't an 'innocent' childhood disease. Some children become extremely ill when they get Chicken Pox, and they can even be scarred for life. That said, there are some people whose children still contract chicken pox after being immunised, though the ones that I know of were cases of low severity. I remember my little brother getting chicken pox, and he had them all through his mouth and down his throat, which certainly was painful for him, and took him a long time to recover from it. And having chicken pox once does not guarantee lifetime immunity, and it doesn't stop you from developing shingles later on in life. Additionally, there is no known link between the MMR and Autism, and as far as I know mercury is not used in this vaccination anymore. Of course, there are other toxins, but if they were so harmful in the form of vaccinations, surely it wouldn't be possible to just 'flush them out' - that seems too simple. Many people refuse to vaccinate due to those toxins.

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

'950' posts from parents sharing their kids' vaccine reaction stories..

http://www.followingvaccinations.com/

I just want to point out that Chicken Pox isn't an 'innocent' childhood disease. Some children become extremely ill when they get Chicken Pox, and they can even be scarred for life. That said, there are some people whose children still contract chicken pox after being immunised, though the ones that I know of were cases of low severity. I remember my little brother getting chicken pox, and he had them all through his mouth and down his throat, which certainly was painful for him, and took him a long time to recover from it. And having chicken pox once does not guarantee lifetime immunity, and it doesn't stop you from developing shingles later on in life. Additionally, there is no known link between the MMR and Autism, and as far as I know mercury is not used in this vaccination anymore. Of course, there are other toxins, but if they were so harmful in the form of vaccinations, surely it wouldn't be possible to just 'flush them out' - that seems too simple. Many people refuse to vaccinate due to those toxins.

I just kept it short. They're doing a lot more than 'just' flushing it out. They are spending $$$ to get treatment for her..it has really affected their whole family..
I'm not too familiar with the whole mmr and autism debate but this little girls mum (and their family/friends) claim she was a healthy, normal child before this vaccine. I guess they would know best..
A lot of people say the same thing. The researcher who 'found' a link between the MMR and Autism was discredited due to a faulty research design, and his use of biased participants. The symptoms of Autism tend to appear around the same time as a child may receive the MMR vaccination, which is why many people think there may be a link. The problem with saying the MMR 'causes' Autism is that no one knows what the actual cause of Autism is. It is a very complex condition that differs between those who suffer from it. Additionally, there are people with Autism that have not had the MMR vaccination, which also puts a question on a possible link. I would be interested in the kind of treatment they are giving their child, as I thought most treatment for Autism revolved around encouraging children to communicate, and then interact, though it is different for each individual case.

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

A lot of people say the same thing. The researcher who 'found' a link between the MMR and Autism was discredited due to a faulty research design, and his use of biased participants. The symptoms of Autism tend to appear around the same time as a child may receive the MMR vaccination, which is why many people think there may be a link. The problem with saying the MMR 'causes' Autism is that no one knows what the actual cause of Autism is. It is a very complex condition that differs between those who suffer from it. Additionally, there are people with Autism that have not had the MMR vaccination, which also puts a question on a possible link. I would be interested in the kind of treatment they are giving their child, as I thought most treatment for Autism revolved around encouraging children to communicate, and then interact, though it is different for each individual case.

I'm a preschool teacher...we had a whooping cough outbreak at the centre at 1 stage..(ALL of our kids are vaxed).
Therefore, could it be said that 'there's no link between vaccinations and 'protection' from diseases'?
Sign in to follow this topic