Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How would you handle the situation?

How would you handle the situation? Rss

I don't want any negative comments so if you have nothing nice to say please just don't say anything at all.

I feel so embarrassed with my body and have always had issues with smelling. No matter how many times a day. Shower, how well I clean myself, what deodorant I use I still seem to smell. It is so upsetting and I'm sick of feel ostracized and ganged up on because of it

The first time it really got to me was my old work, not one but three managers pulled me aside at the same time to tell me other staff were uncomfortable with it and they would help supply deodorant if necessary - as if I was doing nothing etc.

I finally starting to feel better about myself when one of the ladies at the mothers group I attend sent me a message saying "it may be because I'm pregnant but I've noticed youve been smelling maybe it's time to try a new deodorant." now I'm feeling like I jus don't want to go back to mums group.

I'm sick of people commenting on this and im all out of ideas on ways to help. Any suggestions I may not of thought of yet?!

I don't want any negative comments so if you have nothing nice to say please just don't say anything at all.

I feel so embarrassed with my body and have always had issues with smelling. No matter how many times a day. Shower, how well I clean myself, what deodorant I use I still seem to smell. It is so upsetting and I'm sick of feel ostracized and ganged up on because of it

The first time it really got to me was my old work, not one but three managers pulled me aside at the same time to tell me other staff were uncomfortable with it and they would help supply deodorant if necessary - as if I was doing nothing etc.

I finally starting to feel better about myself when one of the ladies at the mothers group I attend sent me a message saying "it may be because I'm pregnant but I've noticed youve been smelling maybe it's time to try a new deodorant." now I'm feeling like I jus don't want to go back to mums group.

I'm sick of people commenting on this and im all out of ideas on ways to help. Any suggestions I may not of thought of yet?!

Have you tried rexona clinical protection? I sweat quite badly and hate it but with the clinical protection i honestly dont sweat at all, you can get it from supermarket for around $15

Have you gone to the doc about it?? cause there are treatments like botox etc that can help with the sweat side of things (cut down the sweat, cut down the smell??) Or have you tried diet change? I know when I used to drink a lot of V my sweat smelled really sickly sweet so logically other things could make it smell bad?

IK was just about to say the same thing. I think it is definately worth a trip to the docotr.

Jo smile
I hadn't even though of diet possibly effecting it - will definitely be trying a few changes to see how things go.
I will also pick up sone of that rexona in next weeks shop as I dont think that is one I have tried.

I have been to the doctor a while back and was basically told they don't know what is causing it/what will help as it's not excessive sweating but just smell.

Oh and I very rarely wear actual perfume - I only have expensive bottles from gifts and so only wear them on special occasions.

Thank you all for your replies.
If you have or can find an acupuncturist/herbalist it should help. Mine asks at every appt if I have been smellier (while she's checking my symptoms), i've never said yes so not sure what the cause/treatment would be but it must have a cause and be something she can fix because she asks every time.
I also have an excessive sweating problem. I have found that the new diet I am on has helped, and has also changed my smell, I think because its just really basic food lots of veg nothing processed etc. The Rexona Clinical is good, they also make a Dove version which is a little better if you have sensitive skin (same active ingredient). Have you also tried an antibacterial wash like Phisohex? It is apparently the bacteria on your skin reacting to the sweat that makes the smell. Might be worth a try, its available from pharmacies.

Let me know how you go, I am always looking for new solutions as well...
I notice that I go through phases of absolutely stinking! I hate it. My mum said someone she knows had the botox thing done and it fixed her up. I've noticed it gets worse if I eat badly, or eat lots of things like onion or garlic. I've substituted every drink with just water (not that I drank rubbish, just cordial and tea really) and it seems to have helped. The weeks that we can afford loads of fresh fruit and veggies are the weeks that I smell less. It's only been an issue since having kids, so probably some horrid hormone imbalance or something.
Good luck, I hope you find a 'cure'.
it might be a long shot, but have you tried wearing natural clothes, like 100% cotton etc.. as one of the other posts mentioned something about bacteria on your skin it may help having natural fibers instead of synthetic ones?
good luck, i hope you find something that works for you.
I also swear by the Rexona clinical! Works a treat. It's deff worth its price!
Do u wash your clothes after 1 wear? Absolutely not asking in a rude way, just that everyone has different habits with that sort of thing. How often do u shower? Again not rude just wondering as we all different.

As others have said a trip to the dr sounds like a good idea (try a different one). Really hope u find something that works, it must be frustrating

it gets worse if I eat badly, or eat lots of things like onion or garlic.

I agree completely!! We eat a lot of Vietnamese food and I find that the fresh garlic and onion can really make a difference to how I smell the next day!!

Oops! Double

Sign in to follow this topic