Huggies Forum

What would you charge? Lock Rss

What would you charge a couple to rent a room. They get a meal a night, most nights. They buy their own food, but are provided with the basics - milk, bread, sugar, etc & toilet paper, laundry powder, etc.
They have access to out internet and foxtel (when the kids aren't watching lol) and can use the house phone only when they really need to.

Thanks smile

We offered a friend a place to stay a little while ago, and recently his girlfriend was kicked out of home so we offered her a place as well.
My DP and I have come to realise that we need to charge more than $10 a day. They know it's going to be increased, but before I tell them how much, I thought I'd get some opinions and then I can work from there.

Thanks again.

I'd say probably around $100-150 per week..

I think I've seen ads at Uni that advertise a shared house and it's usually around that much...

What would you charge a couple to rent a room. They get a meal a night, most nights. They buy their own food, but are provided with the basics - milk, bread, sugar, etc & toilet paper, laundry powder, etc.
They have access to out internet and foxtel (when the kids aren't watching lol) and can use the house phone only when they really need to.

Thanks smile

We offered a friend a place to stay a little while ago, and recently his girlfriend was kicked out of home so we offered her a place as well.
My DP and I have come to realise that we need to charge more than $10 a day. They know it's going to be increased, but before I tell them how much, I thought I'd get some opinions and then I can work from there.

Thanks again.

Sharing with other adults is tricky, especially when the lines are blurred regarding food and staples which are basics.

Personally I would charge a rate for rent which included electricity and dinners and have it that they buy their own food and items like laundry powder, shampoo etc - so you'd have to figure out how much your shop will increase with 2 extra adults.

Groceries cost a fortune and adding two to your household will see a big increase, not to mention potential arguments when things run out and you are forever buying more stuff so best to be really clear at the beginning what the go is. Also you will have an increase in electricity with washing, showers, heating.
Check out www.realestate.com.au under the share homes section. Then look up your area and you will get an idea of what other people are charging in your area.
Sign in to follow this topic