Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Need Opinions Rss

How I feel when I am in a mood!

I’m not sad, but I’m not happy
I’m not sad but I cry at times
I feel numb
I stare into space a lot
I feel fat and ugly
I feel guilty
I feel tired but get plenty of sleep
I feel exhausted
I feel overwhelmed
I feel like I want to roll into a ball and just switch off
I feel if I have to watch cartoons for one more second I am going to tip over the edge.
I feel if I have to sit at home one more minute and going to lose the plot, but I am too exhausted to go anywhere.

I have felt like this for months. Sometimes it only lasts an hour, sometimes all day, but only maybe 3 or 4 days of the week. But then I may get 3 full days in a row, then I will be as happy as larry for 3 days. When I am happy which I think is more so that not at this stage, I think to myself “Ah there is nothing wrong, you were just having a bad moment”, but when I am having a bad moment I know it’s not normal. I am the most un-moodiest person there is normally.

I have all the love in the world for my children and husband, so thank god it’s not affecting that side of my life. I have great support from my husband, he tells me I am a great mum and an awesome wife. He buys me flowers and chocolates all the time to try and cheer me up and it does until the next bad day rears its head.

I have spoken to him about how I feel, but at the time I thought I was just run down and needed help with the kids and house work. He has been great with helping however he can, but it hasn’t helped how I feel. I have begun to realize that it’s a mental thing, because most of the time I cant put my finger on why I am feeling like it.

I stare into out of space and I know there are thought’s there, but when Jono asks me what I am thinking about I have no idea what they were. It’s like there is nothing up there.

Is this PND or are they just bad moments.

I have 3 kids 3 and under, I work fulltime. I have only felt like this since going back to work in Jan. So it wasn’t since the birth of my last baby.

I just don’t know if I have something wrong with me or I am just an overworked mum.

What do you Chicks think?
i am feeling the same way as you
i dont leave the house unless i really have to
i dont like people telling me what to do it really really winds me up
I dont like not having control over my life
and some days feel the same as you???? ( 3-4 days of the week )
I feel numb
I stare into space a lot
I feel fat and ugly
I feel guilty
I feel exhausted
I feel overwhelmed

I feel deflated im 21 and young and probably dumb and fair to say quite aggitated if you find a solution could you let me know ? tried just about everything to relax nothing is working
Im sorry to hear your feeling like that sometimes sad its not surprising that you would be feeling overwhelmed at times i can only imagine how busy it would be to look after 3 young kids, iv only just brought my 2nd home and finding it full on. Im sure some of it is quite normal but dont think it would hurt for you to see your GP and maybe print out what you have written here and let them read it instead of having to describe it which can be hard when your on the spot. Sorry i cant offer any advice with PND as i dont really have any experience with it but I really hope you find your happy place soon xx
I think that you already know it's pnd.... you described how I spent the first 2 years of dd's life. All I can say is that now that I feel stable and contented - and enjoy spending time with dd that I feel incredibly sad that I missed out on my baby girls first 2 years by not being well. I don't remember milestones and a lot of things that happen with babies.

When I felt like that I was not able to make any decisions - I was not capable of helping myself at all. I needed someone to take over from me and just drag me off to a doctor.

There's nothing I can say to make you feel better - you have to do that yourself. For people looking on it can be really difficult because people can beg you all they want and tell you that you're not right - but if you can't go and help yourself it's an ongoing frustration for everyone. Just think - being like this affects your entire family. It is in your childs best interest for you to be in tip top shape.

I hope you can go to the doctor and talk about this.

I feel numb
I stare into space a lot
I feel fat and ugly
I feel guilty
I feel exhausted
I feel overwhelmed
I feel if I have to watch cartoons for one more second I am going to tip over the edge.
I feel if I have to sit at home one more minute and going to lose the plot, but I am too exhausted to go anywhere.

I have felt like this for months. Sometimes it only lasts an hour, sometimes all day, but only maybe 3 or 4 days of the week. But then I may get 3 full days in a row, then I will be as happy as larry for 3 days. When I am happy which I think is more so that not at this stage, I think to myself “Ah there is nothing wrong, you were just having a bad moment”, but when I am having a bad moment I know it’s not normal. I am the most un-moodiest person there is normally.

I have all the love in the world for my children and husband, so thank god it’s not affecting that side of my life. I have great support from my husband, he tells me I am a great mum and an awesome wife. He buys me flowers and chocolates all the time to try and cheer me up and it does until the next bad day rears its head.

I have spoken to him about how I feel, but at the time I thought I was just run down and needed help with the kids and house work. He has been great with helping however he can, but it hasn’t helped how I feel. I have begun to realize that it’s a mental thing, because most of the time I cant put my finger on why I am feeling like it.

I stare into out of space and I know there are thought’s there, but when Jono asks me what I am thinking about I have no idea what they were. It’s like there is nothing up there.

I have 3 kids 3 and under, I work fulltime. I have only felt like this since going back to work in Jan. So it wasn’t since the birth of my last baby.

I just don’t know if I have something wrong with me or I am just an overworked mum.

Hi

Really sorry you are feeling like this and can relate, the first six months after I had DD2 I just wasnt right at all and its taken a long time to feel better. You have alot on your plate with 3 kids and working full time, that is overwhelming but I get what you mean about it being a mental thing.

Someone on here posted about Swisse Mood tablets, I went out and got some and for me that's really really helped (am also taking a liquid iron supplement - low iron levels can really affect your moods and with you having had 3 kids in 3 years its very likely you are iron depleted). Get a blood test done and see how you go. Taking these two supplements have really helped me.

I feel numb
I stare into space a lot
I feel fat and ugly
I feel guilty
I feel exhausted
I feel overwhelmed

I think you are a super star!! 3 children under 3!! Wow lady give yourself some credit! I have four but have two older ones at school and two little ones at home. and work two days a week, not FULL TIME! you are a pro! As for your moods, it sounds like PND.. or maybe just depression.. I get myself into moods when I am near or have my period, if I am to burnt out, tired.. If i were you I would consult your doc if it is getting you that down, dont let it eat you up before it gets so bad that bad things do start to happen and the greater things in life start to dissapear..
Sounds like i use to be. I had severe PND. Start taking St John Wort and see how you feel. Can get from supermarket.
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

There is a lot of useful info on the beyond Blue website, including a questionnaire about how you are/have been feeling. If I were you I'd do the questionnaire, and also book into your doc to tell them what's been going on.

I had PND, pretty much all those things you descibed were how I felt when I had PND, plus a few more.

I'm not saying that's what you've got, but if you do have some sort of depression, it's a good idea to get on top of it asap. Like PP said, it affects your whole family and every child needs a mummy who is well.

At the same time, don't be too hard on yourself! It sounds like you have a very busy life- 3 kids and working full-time is something most women would have a hard time with. Perhaps you should think about cutting back your work hours until you are feeling better (if that's an option).

Anyway, I really feel for you. Please do go and see your doc, and make sure your close family and friends know how you are feeling, so they can help you out.

If you want to PM me for a chat/vent, feel free. All the best.

I think you are a super star!! 3 children under 3!! Wow lady give yourself some credit! I have four but have two older ones at school and two little ones at home. and work two days a week, not FULL TIME! you are a pro! As for your moods, it sounds like PND.. or maybe just depression.. I get myself into moods when I am near or have my period, if I am to burnt out, tired.. If i were you I would consult your doc if it is getting you that down, dont let it eat you up before it gets so bad that bad things do start to happen and the greater things in life start to dissapear..

Thanks. You made me cry!

You are totally right with your last paragraph. At the moment things are really good, but there are just moments, I would hate to have it the other way round if you know what I mean.

Might try some of the natural remedies listed then if there is no improvement I have a docs appointment at the end of the month.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Thanks. You made me cry!

You are totally right with your last paragraph. At the moment things are really good, but there are just moments, I would hate to have it the other way round if you know what I mean.

Might try some of the natural remedies listed then if there is no improvement I have a docs appointment at the end of the month.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Definitely try some remedies, the Swisse Mood tablets also have alot of Vitamin B which helps with mood as well as St Johns Wort. The iron supplement I take is Floradix Floravital - you can get it from chemists and health food shops, liquid is much more easily absorbed by your body than table forms.
It sounds as though you have been struggling with this for a while. I have a psychology degree, but it's not up to anyone but your chosen health care professional to diagnose you. From what you're saying, it appears you have a strong suspicion things aren't right, you even say it's a mental thing. What it comes down to is, we all suffer from depression at times, but if it is affecting your ability to function, or in other words you find it difficult to be yourself and go about your business, then that is something to consult a health care professional about. 4 bad days with 3 good is still a majority of days where you are struggling.
If you choose to seek help, remember not every doctor or counsellor is going to be right for you. Most of us wouldn't go to just any hair dresser to get a whole new style, and that's just our hair. So when it comes to your mental health, make sure you find someone you trust and can work with, otherwise you won't get the best outcome for you.
Good luck, and always remember you are far from alone.
smile

It sounds as though you have been struggling with this for a while. I have a psychology degree, but it's not up to anyone but your chosen health care professional to diagnose you. From what you're saying, it appears you have a strong suspicion things aren't right, you even say it's a mental thing. What it comes down to is, we all suffer from depression at times, but if it is affecting your ability to function, or in other words you find it difficult to be yourself and go about your business, then that is something to consult a health care professional about. 4 bad days with 3 good is still a majority of days where you are struggling.
If you choose to seek help, remember not every doctor or counsellor is going to be right for you. Most of us wouldn't go to just any hair dresser to get a whole new style, and that's just our hair. So when it comes to your mental health, make sure you find someone you trust and can work with, otherwise you won't get the best outcome for you.
Good luck, and always remember you are far from alone.
smile

Thanks for the info.

The thing is, I am coping just fine. The family dynamics are great, kids are getting looked after, housework is getting done. It's just that I have moments where I just get so overwhelmed that I want to lock myself in a room and just cry. Then I just get on with it again.

I dont think I am in full blown depression yet, but I do think I am on the road there for sure.
Sign in to follow this topic