Huggies Forum

New Breastfeeding Baby Doll Rss

i have just somehow stumbled upon this article about a new Breastfeeding baby doll. What do you think about it? would you buy it for your daughter?

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/31391/breastfeeding-baby-doll/

There is a video at the bottom to show what it actually does.

Bel smile
xo

I dont see a problem with it. My DS pretended to breast feed his toys when I would feed DD. I had to explain to him that only mummys can actually breastfeed babies but he thought it was fun.

I dont know that I would actually get it for my DD but to be honest.. She is past that stage.. she has SOOOOO many dolls as it is so i am not going to get her any more.. but yeah.. I would consider it if she was to get a new one.. just depends on what is the best one at the time on the market grin

we have dolls we can bottle feed, spoon feed, change nappy and toilet.. why not have one you can breastfeed..

double
I have no problem with it being a doll that you can breastfeed.

My problem lies with them taking all of the imagination out of playing with it.

kids don't need it to make noises to tell them what to do, they don't need to strap on pretend boobs.

Kids that are exposed to breastfeeding already hold dolls up to their own nipples and pretend to bf. They use their own imagination to know when the baby has had enough.

My problem is with any doll/toy that stops a kid from using their own imagination, because they have to do certain things in order to get the toy to work properly. In this case, you have to strap on a halter to get it to make the noises. If you didn't have to do that, you could use any doll.

I guess plastic dolls that make noises just aren't my cup of tea.
I applaud them for their innovation, I have just seen much better cloth dolls that promote bf which I think are a better option.

http://www.waldorfdolls.com/soft_momma_breastfeeding_sets.htm
Bit of an overkill if you ask me. Most kids who see their mums (or other mums) breastfeeding will also 'breastfeed' their toys.

OC those dolls in your link are so cute!

There's also another doll that births a baby out of her 'hoo haa' and even includes the placenta. The baby has a press-stud for a mouth which attaches to the mum's breast. Now THAT'S kinda cool IMO smile

There's also another doll that births a baby out of her 'hoo haa' and even includes the placenta. The baby has a press-stud for a mouth which attaches to the mum's breast. Now THAT'S kinda cool IMO smile

oh wow really? i havnt seen that one!

OC, i agree, they are so cute those ones!!

http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/113341/watch_a_doll_give_birth?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=thestir_fanpage
wow, kind of not what i was expecting! the dolls are quite cute, with a little weird factor LOL but very inventive!!

If I had a girl I dont think I'd buy either of those dollys lol!! The birth one would be good for sex ed or something but not for a 3 year old or whatever ..

If I had a girl I dont think I'd buy either of those dollys lol!! The birth one would be good for sex ed or something but not for a 3 year old or whatever ..

My 2.5 year old watched a baby come out of my vagina..... I hardly think a doll that normalises something like that is bad. You can get dolls that wee...
I didnt mean it in a bad way, I just dont think I would have liked a doll that gave birth with a placenta and everything when I was little smile I didnt even know about it at that age and still remember discussing with girls at a slumber party whether we came out of our mums bums or fannys blink
Sign in to follow this topic