Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Remind me again Rss

Long story short, rang my parents to have a chat. Wanted to find out if they wanted some free fire wood in exchange for Dad chopping up and hauling away a dead tree. While I was on the phone to them, I thought I would have a chat to my mother about something DD's kinder teacher said to me today (seems she's finally worked out that DD is smarter than she lets on). Her kinder teacher said that if DD is interested in a topic her knowledge of the topic is quite incredible and her vocabulary is phenomenal, of course if she's not interested she will just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist and will deliberately play dumb in the hopes that you won't push her to take an interest, little monkey tongue

Anyway was talking to my mother, who has always been an early primary and kindergarden teacher, about stuff and my sister rocked up at their place with her older 2 kids after picking them up from school. Anyway, something has obviously gone on with my nephew at school today so mother cuts me off mid sentence pretty much, saying I have to go, I want to find out what happened with (nephew) at school today as he is sitting at the other end of the table nearly in tears. Now I dont' expect miracles but seriously, my sister wasn't going anywhere in a hurry and it woudln't have killed her to wait the 5 mins to finish talking to me before finding out what happened with my nephew. I guess I know, and have always known, where we fit in with that side of the family but Gosh Darn it, it still hurts like a kick in the guts that we obviously just don't matter to them as much as my sister and her kids. sad

*hugs*

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

(((hugs))) from me too smile
Thanks guys, she sort of made up for it by ringing me back eventually but I guess it still hurts a bit. I should know by now that my sister and her family come first but it's still sucks to be reminded constantly sad I am probably being oversensitive about it but after a lifetime of disappointment and feeling like I just don't matter as much as my sister, it just gets to me.

Big hugs!

My dad does exactly the same when i go over to my parents for dinner, but it's just blantly being rude to me.
We will all be sitting at the dinner table at tea time, just having general conversations. I'll be right in the middle of my story or whatever and dad will just butt in, start talking about something that had happened to him, or strike up a conversation with someone else blink
Everyone is like ahhhhhh, Chelsea was talking....he won't even blink an eye.

I think it is unfair to you and your family that 'Your sister will always come first'. That isn't what family is about. Everyone should be equal, no matter what

Actually i think you are beng a bit sensitive
Your mum was talking to you over the phone about your DD, whereas your nephew (her grandson) had just arrived in the same room and was nearly in tears - i think her attention should have been focused on the child that was nearly crying (obviously something happened at school as she said that upset him) - you were both having an adult conversation, she could call you back
Sorry but sounds like you are being a bit over emotional
I am sure if it was your DD that walked in the room and your mum was on the phone to your sister, you would expect her to cut the conversation short (sorry just looking at it from the other side)

Actually i think you are beng a bit sensitive
Your mum was talking to you over the phone about your DD, whereas your nephew (her grandson) had just arrived in the same room and was nearly in tears - i think her attention should have been focused on the child that was nearly crying (obviously something happened at school as she said that upset him) - you were both having an adult conversation, she could call you back
Sorry but sounds like you are being a bit over emotional
I am sure if it was your DD that walked in the room and your mum was on the phone to your sister, you would expect her to cut the conversation short (sorry just looking at it from the other side)

If my mother were the only one there then I would understand this reasoning and agree but the fact of the matter was my sister (the mother of said nephew) WAS there. Also I nearly fell over when she did ring be back and was really quite shocked and suprised as usually that would have been the end of the conversation and I wouldn't have spoken to her again until I called her again in a week or so. As for the argument that if my DD walked in the room upset I would expect my mother to cut her conversation short, I woudl but it would never happen. My sister comes first, always has, always will. The order pretty much goes My sister, my sisters kids, Me and DD.

Sign in to follow this topic