Huggies Forum

DS1 wants to play football Lock Rss

DS1 is 3 and has been asking to play football. DH gets out there with the ball with him, but I was wondering does anyone know what the age is when I can sign him up?
I think its 5 yrs old, you could probebly sign him up at 4 1/2 depends when hes bday is.

DS1 is 3 and has been asking to play football. DH gets out there with the ball with him, but I was wondering does anyone know what the age is when I can sign him up?
Try calling the local leagues and clubs around your area. They should be able to tell you if they have a 'little league' and what age they can start at.

Some will also advertise on the club or field fences if they are looking for new players. One near me is constantly looking for 10 - 12 year olds.
I think each local league may be different. DSS played footy as a child and the earliest we could put him was in the under 7's team which ranged from 5yrs-7yrs.

He turns 4 in Nov. Thanks ladies, might have to look around
I know they have to be a minimum of 5/6 to play rugby league in Brisbane, sunshine coast.
In Vic they can do Auskick when they are in kinder, and then go to unders 7's after that.

Auskick is more about learning about the game and the skills, and they usually have a little match at the end of the sessions. DSS loved it last year when he went, and I cant wait to get Ds1 into it this year.

Sign in to follow this topic