Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Book /author recommendations please!!!

Book /author recommendations please!!! Lock Rss

Heading into the library today and am after something different to read, much prefer the drama or crime not so much romance.... love Jodi Picoult but have read all of hers..... like James patterson also..... and true stories.....
A child called " It " by Dave pelzer.

I'm not too sure how good a library it is but it was hard to find where I am lol. I don't know how you are on true life stories but it's a bout a boy who has a terrible childhood ( it really pulls at your heartstrings, very powerful book ) and it progresses into other books on how he progresses through life and overcomes what happend to him.

I would really reccommend it grin

I'm not too sure how good a library it is but it was hard to find where I am lol. I don't know how you are on true life stories but it's a bout a boy who has a terrible childhood ( it really pulls at your heartstrings, very powerful book ) and it progresses into other books on how he progresses through life and overcomes what happend to him.

Thanks chook.... have read it tongue agree though, it is a great book and highly recommend it to anyone else looking for a good book
oh no sad haha I have read so many books I can't remember half of them lol..sorry I couldn't think of something you hadn't read! haha

There's 3 by him and one by his brother too.

Try 'A life in pieces' by Richard K Baer. True story about multiple personality disorder. It's amazing to think someone can live like that. Told by the doctor that treated her for years.
ummm what about the flowers in the attic series by virginia andrews.
If you like James Patterson, then you might like Jonathan Kellerman, who writes a Dr Alex Delaware series, I love these.

Also, the Ruth Rendell Inspector Wexford series is a good crime series.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

Heading into the library today and am after something different to read, much prefer the drama or crime not so much romance.... love Jodi Picoult but have read all of hers..... like James patterson also..... and true stories.....

You will love any of Lee Child's books then. His main character.. ah Jack Reacher... so sad to be so in love with a fictional man!

Marian Keyes is totally awesome too. Cassandra Clare is also wonderful.

Ken Follett - he is the MAN! Read Pillars of the Earth, followed by World Without End, then Fall of Giants. FANTASTIC books!

And of course the Twilight Saga.....

Oh and read J D Robb's In Death series. It is Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb. Her crime series is great.

Well that should keep you going for about a year!

You will love any of Lee Child's books then. His main character.. ah Jack Reacher... so sad to be so in love with a fictional man!

ooohhhh i LOVE jack reacher lmao i highly recommend Lee Child, Kathy Reichs (the TV series Bones is based on her books), Lisa Gardner, Jonathan Nasaw and Dean Kootnz.
Thanks heaps for that, I have been writing them down, appreciate it, am stuck for something good to read atm!! Forgot to add I hate the twilight series, sorry to all the twilight lovers, I tried and couldn't read them!!! Don;'t like anything too far fetched

I just finished reading "Ma, he sold me for a few cigarettes" by Martha Long, is a true story about a little girl who is growing up in the slums of Dublin, born into poverty, to a teenage single mum, very sad, but looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
I second Marian Keyes. Also recommend Jennifer Weiner for girly romance, she wrote In Her Shoes, and Jeffrey Deaver for crime.

And I adore Michael Cricton for a thinking book with a cool plot. He wrote Jurassic Park, The Lost World and created the show ER smile
Sign in to follow this topic