Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Nissan X Trail Rss

Hi,

has anyone owned or test driven a Nissan X Trail?
Any feedback please?

or for any of the following

Mazda CX 9
Mitsubishi Outlander
Toyota Kluger

THanks!!
We own a x trail and it a great car. Hubby mostly drives it for work and he loves the fact he can put a heap of work stuff in the back. Plus we use it when we go away and it has enough room to care everything we needed. I do drive it and find it easy but i like my car more.

thanks for that smile
whats your car if you like it more?

At the moment i have a Ford Territory which i absolutely love but i need to trade it in soon as its getting a bit high on the kms and i would rather trade it before it starts causing me problems - that and i am not happy with the fuel consumption AT ALL so looking for something a little more economical.
Ive been comparing all the specs on heaps of different cars and the X Trail seems to be quite reasonable. Although i have never been in one.

I need something with plenty of boot space to fit a double pram or to fit my 2 dogs when we take them out so im wanting to stick with the larger vehicles.
Hi Emma, we have an 05 Nissan xtrail st and I have found it pretty good. The instruments (speedo etc) is in the centre. It took abit of getting used too.

I have mazda 6 and love it cause it auto matic.

i like the look of the mazda 6 and similar cars but i just dont think they will be practical with our dogs (although again, i havent had a close up look to see the boot space or how well car seats fit along the back etc

thanks for that Tracey...is there nothing infront of the steering wheel then? how weird lol
when i looked at a pic of an 07 model it was all "normal" looking ?
just looked at an older model online and saw what you mean Tracey...i dont like that at all!!! lol

i like the look of the mazda 6 and similar cars but i just dont think they will be practical with our dogs (although again, i havent had a close up look to see the boot space or how well car seats fit along the back etc

thanks for that Tracey...is there nothing infront of the steering wheel then? how weird lol

there is a little glove box thingy there, can take a photo of it too show you what I mean.

there is a little glove box thingy there, can take a photo of it too show you what I mean.

thanks but i found a pic online so i know what you mean now smile
the newer models have all the speedo etc behind the wheel where most cars have them (i think from 07 onwards from what i can see)
and i'd most likely be getting one from then onwards anyways so i dont think that will be a problem.
it would definately take some getting used to though!!
We had a 2007 Toyota Kluger until a few weeks ago and only traded it as it was either trade it now or stick with it for another 5yrs and we also wanted to get a 4wheel drive (traded both my car and DH's ute and got a Prado). I loved it! Was easy to drive and had a reversing camera as standard on all models. Also fit alot in the boot and 3seats along the back when needed. Even very tall friends of ours had no trouble with leg room.
Mitsubishi outlander: We looked at these before the kluger and we found that the back seats didnt have alot of leg room and also couldnt fit 2seats and an adult along the back seat. They are nice to drive though.
X-trail: Friends actually test drove a new one on the weekend and they said the new model has the speedo in the correct spot, not in the middle. They also like the boot space but they have a sedan so looks like heaps more.
Mazda Cx-7 and Cx-9: The same friends also test drove them both and liked the look but thought they were pretty gutless.

I think if you like the territory then the Kluger is as close as you can get to that. Also from memory you have big dogs so they will probably not fit in the outlander and even possibly the mazdas.

Hope that all makes sense.

thanks very much for that smile

i do really like the look of the Klugers and they were the next thing i was going to look at after the territory had i not fallen in love with that tongue

im just thinking though that the fuel economy is pretty much the same as the territory from the spec comparisons im doing and if its going to cost me just as much to run, i'd rather stick to the territory and just get a newer model.
How did you find the fuel consumption in the kluger??
Sign in to follow this topic