Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How long do you leave your child/ren in daycare?

How long do you leave your child/ren in daycare? Rss

Bec I'm sorry - please don't feel bad

Most people HAVE to work, and when you don't have family support childcare is a really vital and important service - and we all do what we feel is best for our family

My point is more just saying if you 'don't have to use childcare' I think people should be a little more wary of using it

No- not all kids will have things like ADD/ADHD of course, but the problem is this condition doesn't fully reveal itself till kids are at school normally - as it didn't with my son! In his case I was unknowingly mitigating his symptoms during those crucial early brain and emotional development years! Learning more about this over the last year is why I decided to make my post, not telling people what to do - but just encouraging a little wariness - particularly if there is a family predisposition to any learning development related conditions - thankfully many won't have to worry about it anyway wink

I feel fortunate that I don't have to use daycare but on the other hand Dh and I have chosen a more simple life so I don't have to work which I know is not always possible for all couples. I don't need the big fancy car and extra money, to me having my children with me at home is worth so much more than material objects.

I know my comment will get up a few people's noses but I had to get it out because some people in this thread brag about their big fancy cars but then say they HAVE to have their child in care, I have chosen a different lifestyle so to me, it would seem mean to leave MY kids in daycare all day long, some might not see it that way and that's fair enough, we all raise our children differently but it's not something I would do.

This is the lifestyle you have chosen for your family and that's great. The lifestyle I have chosen is quite the opposite.

I have worked extremely hard all my life to get the career I have now. My husband and I both work fulltime and earn a great income. My kids never go without. I have been home on maternity leave 3 times now, and I can honestly say that I spen a hell of alot more "quality" time with my kids working that being at home. Each day I cant wait to see them, rather than constantly wishing I could have 5 mins to myself.

I can't see the point in staying home when we cant afford to, and never being ably to take the kids anywhere, because we didn't have any money. I would be cranky, they would constantly have cabin fever, so it just wouldn't work for our family. I love being able to not have to think about stuff we buy, I love to be able to just say "hey lets take the kids here this weekend", and love being able to afford to go on family holidays.

I like being able to feel that I am useful for some thing other than being a mum. I am extremely good at my job and I love that feeling. And the thing I love most is going home and being a mum afterwards.

Also if I took 5 years off work to look after my babies fulltime, I think it would be extremely hard to get back into the workforce afterwards, so I am not willing to make that sacrifice for my family. That would affect our family for a long time.

Just showing you the other side of the coin.

This is the lifestyle you have chosen for your family and that's great. The lifestyle I have chosen is quite the opposite.

I have worked extremely hard all my life to get the career I have now. My husband and I both work fulltime and earn a great income. My kids never go without. I have been home on maternity leave 3 times now, and I can honestly say that I spen a hell of alot more "quality" time with my kids working that being at home. Each day I cant wait to see them, rather than constantly wishing I could have 5 mins to myself.

I can't see the point in staying home when we cant afford to, and never being ably to take the kids anywhere, because we didn't have any money. I would be cranky, they would constantly have cabin fever, so it just wouldn't work for our family. I love being able to not have to think about stuff we buy, I love to be able to just say "hey lets take the kids here this weekend", and love being able to afford to go on family holidays.

I like being able to feel that I am useful for some thing other than being a mum. I am extremely good at my job and I love that feeling. And the thing I love most is going home and being a mum afterwards.

Also if I took 5 years off work to look after my babies fulltime, I think it would be extremely hard to get back into the workforce afterwards, so I am not willing to make that sacrifice for my family. That would affect our family for a long time.

Just showing you the other side of the coin.

this is how i feel too. i work part time. i cant do the sahm thing. it is just not me. me working part time gives my kids a happier mummy within herself and with her life. i like the extra money and the little bit of freedom it gives us when it comes to finances and moving forward.

having said that dh and i worked it out so the kids are only in cc 2 days a week and with my mil or sister every friday. we could not put them in for more than that cos it just wouldnt seem right to us given that they wouldnt really need to be there that third day. each to their own i say. and my kids love cc. by about sunday ds is saying that he misses his friends.
I used to leave for 4-6 hours a day when DD was younger, about 5 y.o.

https://sonicesoap.com/

My kids spend the whole day at daycare. I personally think that daycare is very important for kids socialization. Here is why:

Toddlers love daycare. They make new friends and play lots of stuffs. They learn variety of knowledges and basic rules. They are becoming independent. And their body/immune system get stronger as they will expose to the environment.

Toddlers love to stay with their parents without doubt. If you can provide all the activities and trainings to your kids, if you can take your kids to the park everyday and have them make lot of friends, yup let them stay with you!

for little one 0-2.5 years old, I would recommend no daycare because they just need you. They need that 1:1 ratio. 3-5 years old? Perfect time to start daycare. 5 and older? Yup, there are still plenty of parents saying they would better stay at home smile but majority of parents decide to sent their children to school.

Life is hard and your child understand it. So don’t panic, just let it be.

Sign in to follow this topic