Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Toowoomba,Withcott,Grantham,Helidon,Lockyer Valley, etc

Toowoomba,Withcott,Grantham,Helidon,Lockyer Valley, etc Lock Rss

Just wanted to check if they are all doing ok or need any help???

I'm about 1km from the Brisbane River (as the crow flies) but totally safe.....fingers crossed everyone else is too!!!!

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

Just wanted to check if they are all doing ok or need any help???

I'm about 1km from the Brisbane River (as the crow flies) but totally safe.....fingers crossed everyone else is too!!!!

im in kingaroy aobut 2hrs from toowoomba and 1hr form dalby

we had 89mm of rain here overnight... have seen some of the pics and footage on fb... looks sooo bad

Im in Ipswich and there is water all around us but we are up on a hill. I am concerned for all those in the low areas. VERY scary.

Im in Ipswich and there is water all around us but we are up on a hill. I am concerned for all those in the low areas. VERY scary.

Please stay safe everyone!

Same here...I'm out at Gailes and well above the '74 flood levels so at worst I'll just get cut off but we won't flood.

But holy cow Toowoomba is a disaster zone as is the Lockyer Valley sad

Reports just on the news have 4 confirmed dead, another 6 possibly just in Grantham alone and up to 50 missing.

i thought i heard on sunrise the toowoomba toll was up to seven and prob going to rise today when the water goes down a bit

not good for anyone

i thought i heard on sunrise the toowoomba toll was up to seven and prob going to rise today when the water goes down a bit

not good for anyone

There's going to be a lot more found in the next couple of days I'd say sad

They had no warning.....the poor buggers sad

I'm going through the rest of my cupboards that I've been de-cluttering and put aside anything that can be donated cos god knows someone else may need it more than I do right now.

Please stay safe everyone!!

Same here...I'm out at Gailes and well above the '74 flood levels so at worst I'll just get cut off but we won't flood.

But holy cow Toowoomba is a disaster zone as is the Lockyer Valley sad

Reports just on the news have 4 confirmed dead, another 6 possibly just in Grantham alone and up to 50 missing.

Im at Bundamba . Im at the bottom of a hill just up high. Im starting to get a bit worried about the storm water overflowing. But doens't seem to have yet.

There's going to be a lot more found in the next couple of days I'd say sad

They had no warning.....the poor buggers sad

I'm going through the rest of my cupboards that I've been de-cluttering and put aside anything that can be donated cos god knows someone else may need it more than I do right now.

Please stay safe everyone!!

Yeah I will do the same. Ill wait till they have more of a plan will be interesting to see what happens. IT I IS SO sad and really scarey that the they had no warning.

Yeah I will do the same. Ill wait till they have more of a plan will be interesting to see what happens. IT I IS SO sad and really scarey that the they had no warning.

A friend of mine is at Withcott and she was home with the kids when it hit....not sure if they had to evacuate last night but when we last spoke to her she was flat out trying to find anything possible to block the water coming in the back door and she's in a lowset right on the creek line....the pool is now part of the creek!

I popped out to Woolies at Goodna just after 8pm last night and they had signs on the bread racks saying there was short supply....god knows how short it will be today and tomorrow if the expected water levels come through. I've got enough here to get through for about 3-4 days if need be. I'm heading out shortly to go and get fuel for the generator just in case we lose power cos my freezers are both nearly full...I can do without power if it comes to that but can't afford to lose what's in the freezers.

If anyone needs a hand that's near me, just ask ok....I've got a 4WD and the DS's are at Daycare today and I'll only be making sure we're right for the flooding.

im in kingaroy aobut 2hrs from toowoomba and 1hr form dalby

we had 89mm of rain here overnight... have seen some of the pics and footage on fb... looks sooo bad

I'm in Kingaroy as well (didnt think anyone else on here was from here!!), but anyway...one of my friends had a pic of the memorial park gully this morning and it is nearly up to the fences of the houses there. I've lived here all ny life and can't remember ever seeing this much rain.

I hope everyone stays safe.
I emptied our rain guage at 12pm yesterday......just emptied it now (6.45am) and we've had another 50mm since yesterday afternoon.

Sign in to follow this topic