Huggies Forum

Don't know what to do Rss

I have been getting calls for the past couple of months between 9.30-10.30pm and 5-5.30am where the person doesn't say anything and hangs up after about 15-30 seconds. DH and I split up about 6 months ago and he promises me that it isn't him and I'm a little freaked out about it. My phone provider has said they can try and trace the number and send them a letter advising them to stop or I can just change my number. So my questions are -

1. Would you try to trace or just change your number?
2. If you changed the number would you give it to the ex or just tell him to ring the kids on the mobile?
3. Do you think that I'm paranoid in thinking that perhaps the ex has moved on and his new friend is playing with me?

It's getting really annoying because with 4 kids in the house inevitably it wakes at least 1 of them up.

Thanks

In new zealand you can get caller id.....

can you get that onto your phone they send you a little box.

when we were flatting we got it as we were getting that happening.

turned out to be one of our friend calling like 10 times in a row

we hid it in my room under the bed so no one knew we had it. ge something like that and tell no one you have it then you will find out who it is

I have been getting calls for the past couple of months between 9.30-10.30pm and 5-5.30am where the person doesn't say anything and hangs up after about 15-30 seconds. DH and I split up about 6 months ago and he promises me that it isn't him and I'm a little freaked out about it. My phone provider has said they can try and trace the number and send them a letter advising them to stop or I can just change my number. So my questions are -

1. Would you try to trace or just change your number?
2. If you changed the number would you give it to the ex or just tell him to ring the kids on the mobile?
3. Do you think that I'm paranoid in thinking that perhaps the ex has moved on and his new friend is playing with me?

It's getting really annoying because with 4 kids in the house inevitably it wakes at least 1 of them up.

Thanks

Id take the phone off the hook at 8pm and anyone that knows you close will ring on the mobile. That way if they ring the mobile you can trace it quicker. Also just put the phone back on the hook when you get up.

I dont think you are parnoid about your ex. That would be my first thought. Also I wouldn't change your number I would get it traced.
I've already added caller ID but the number comes through as private so that is no help sad

I would as annoying as it is would change the number, get a private listing and tell the Ex that your not getting it put back on and to call the kids on the mobile.

Cheers Ness

I would get your phone number changed and get your ex to ring your kids on the mobile. I am going to have to change my number AGAIN after telstra f**ked up AGAIN and didn't make my number silent. The scary thing about that is that if you look up white pages online, it not only gives you the phone number and address, it now gives you exact directions to the address. I have no idea if my ex has found my details now and he is not meant to know where i live. Telstra has admitted its their fault and they stuffed up, but now I've got more worry on my mind.
I've just gotta hope that when i change my phone number and it goes silent that my ex might think i've moved or something. Fingers crossed, telephone companies are useless these days.

I would get your phone number changed and get your ex to ring your kids on the mobile. I am going to have to change my number AGAIN after telstra f**ked up AGAIN and didn't make my number silent. The scary thing about that is that if you look up white pages online, it not only gives you the phone number and address, it now gives you exact directions to the address. I have no idea if my ex has found my details now and he is not meant to know where i live. Telstra has admitted its their fault and they stuffed up, but now I've got more worry on my mind.
I've just gotta hope that when i change my phone number and it goes silent that my ex might think i've moved or something. Fingers crossed, telephone companies are useless these days.

Wow I would be wanting compensation for that.

Wow my issue isn't as serious as that. The ex knows where I live and we have no problem like that. But I'm finding late night and early morning calls very threatening even though no one says anything. I feel like a dill trying to ask who it is only to have them eventually hang up. At first it had me wondering if someone was watching the house but now I'm just pissed off.

Hi

There are a number of telemarketing companies who do this regularly. The majority come up as Private on caller ID.

It is very annoying & yes, they are always at the same time of day.

There is nothing said, then hanging up. These are usually computer generated calls.

For peace of mind though, I would explain to your phone provider you are receiving nuisance calls & they will change your number for free. If you tell them you simply want it changed without a good explanation, you will be charged for it.

Also note, if you are not with Telstra, your number may be listed for up to 14 days before it is made silent.

You will need to tell them that for legal & saftey reasons the number must be listed as silent immediately.

We found this out the hard way also.

We hate these calls too.

Hi

There are a number of telemarketing companies who do this regularly. The majority come up as Private on caller ID.

It is very annoying & yes, they are always at the same time of day.

There is nothing said, then hanging up. These are usually computer generated calls.

For peace of mind though, I would explain to your phone provider you are receiving nuisance calls & they will change your number for free. If you tell them you simply want it changed without a good explanation, you will be charged for it.

Also note, if you are not with Telstra, your number may be listed for up to 14 days before it is made silent.

You will need to tell them that for legal & saftey reasons the number must be listed as silent immediately.

We found this out the hard way also.

We hate these calls too.

I'm pretty sure these aren't computer generated. Sometimes I can hear shuffling in the background. Mind you I guess it's a possibility.

I agree with Cider that it may be a telemarketer. I have the same thing at 7pm every night, the phone rings but there's noone on the other line, sometimes I can hear quiet noises. I waited about 4 minutes on one call and demaded my number to be removed, no one answered but I didn't get the call again! I think my calls were computer generated because they were at the same time each day.

Good luck.
Next time the phone rings do not hang up! keep the line open and by doing this the person who made the call cant ring out using their phone, then using your mobile ring your telephone company to trace the call and then have them report the other person to the police. the phone calls will soon stop. then once this is done start the ball rolling on getting your name and number silent. if the telco company wont do anything about it go straight to the police and report the calls, esp when kids safety is involved and they will follow up and make the telco company do it.

Sign in to follow this topic