Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I dont know what is wrong with me

I dont know what is wrong with me Rss

I'm feeling completely lost. DS (2 and 1/2) is driving me batty. He now refuses to sleep in his own bed. Unless I am in it with him. If I step out of his sight for a minute he starts calling out "mum" It's like he's just snapped into this needy little boy. I just cant deal with it. I want my bed back. Right at this moment he is laying on my arm because he refuses to sit out in the lounge for 10 mins by himself sad He goes to see his father every 2 weeks for the weekend and I am finding myself counting down to that day. I love my son immensly but I think I am really starting to resent him. I jsut cant keep doing this. I feel like I'm loosing myself. I've just become this aweful mother who yells and smacks and that's not who I want to be. I dont really expect a responce to this. Just needed to get it out I guess. Thanks for reading
Big hugs.

I know how you feel, my boys (4.5 & just about 3) are driving me crazy lately! I just cant cope with them, they are so naughty, they dont listen, they fight scream, carry on over nothing, sook and whinge constantly, its just horrible.

They have taken to waking at 5.20a everyday, and I cant handle that!

I have also turned into a horrible mother, and not the mother I want to be, and I count down the days they go aswell. Yesterday was their daycare day, and within 1/2 hour of them coming home, I was wishing they were back their. Im just honestly not enjoying them at all at the moment.

I dont know what to do to improve their behaviour or increase my patience!

Big hugs.

I know how you feel, my boys (4.5 & just about 3) are driving me crazy lately! I just cant cope with them, they are so naughty, they dont listen, they fight scream, carry on over nothing, sook and whinge constantly, its just horrible.

They have taken to waking at 5.20a everyday, and I cant handle that!

I have also turned into a horrible mother, and not the mother I want to be, and I count down the days they go aswell. Yesterday was their daycare day, and within 1/2 hour of them coming home, I was wishing they were back their. Im just honestly not enjoying them at all at the moment.

I dont know what to do to improve their behaviour or increase my patience!

I"m with you on the behavior stuff. I know he's only 2 and he's meant to be pushing boundries but JEEBUS!!!! This morning he was trying to use the cat as a horse, and I kept saying "no dont, get off" (the cat was not impressed) and he just looks at me, smiles, and continues what he is doing. It's all doing my head in
They all seem to go through a clingy stage - it's like if they can't see you you're not there at all and they get scared. He'll get over it!

In the meantime take a deep breath.... when he's feeling insecure getting cross at him is only going to make him even more insecure.

Try sitting down with him and having a good play with him, make him feel secure then say "mummy will be back in a minute" and do exactly that. Go and do something that takes a short time, then come back like you said you would.

Eventually he should get the message that even though mum leaves sometimes she always comes back.

Takes a bit of persistance but it works. Hope he gets over it quick for you.... I can't stand clingy behaviour either - sends me running!!! lol
Usually with a bit of TLC my dd will get over it... occasionally it happens when she is about to get sick too.

It's difficult isn't it. I ended up with 3 out of 4 in bed with me last night. I felt like getting up and sleeping in 1 of their beds. Mind you tonight they are at their dads and I will be wishing they were in bed with me lol. I don't know how long you have been seperated but I know I am overcompensating because I feel guilty that their father and I have seperated. I am being too soft on them and it is starting to show. I just feel so darn guilty though. No real advice except to try and go easy on both of you. There must be a reason why he has become clingy all of a sudden. Hopefully it won't last long and things will get back to normal.

Sign in to follow this topic