Huggies Forum

Oh so freaking excited Rss

Long story short DH and I split after 18 years about 5 months ago. I was lost as I have been a stay at home mum for the past 9 years and didn't know what I was going to do. After a lot of soul searching I decided to follow my dream of becoming a midwife (I'm not even a nurse lol). I applied and was told I probably wouldn't hear anything until mid Jan when the major offer round happens. Today was first offers which I am told only are given to the highest ranked applicants and I GOT AN OFFER from my first choice. I'm so excited I want to scream (the kids don't share my enthusiasm).

Long story short DH and I split after 18 years about 5 months ago. I was lost as I have been a stay at home mum for the past 9 years and didn't know what I was going to do. After a lot of soul searching I decided to follow my dream of becoming a midwife (I'm not even a nurse lol). I applied and was told I probably wouldn't hear anything until mid Jan when the major offer round happens. Today was first offers which I am told only are given to the highest ranked applicants and I GOT AN OFFER from my first choice. I'm so excited I want to scream (the kids don't share my enthusiasm).

Congratulations hun grin How exciting is it?! I wish i could follow my dreams gotta wait though cant afford it atm!! Go for it follow your dreams with your heart smile xxx?
YAY!!! grin Congratulations!!!!!

Go for it and i wish you all the luck in the world so it happens for you!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That is great news.
Congratulation.
Hope you enjoy every minute of living your dream.

CONGRATS!!!!
thats way kool!!
i wana be a midwife but i want another child first n i think ill be studing in aussie.
good luck and injoy it!!!!!
Thats freakin awesome!!!! welldone!!!
Thanks everyone...in case you can't tell I'm just a little excited!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome, so very excited for you smile i will be joining you in about 3ish years when i have finished my nursing smile

I wish it wasn't so hard to get into here!

Congrats!!! Are you doing it externally or internally?

My only advice is that even though you are excited now just remember that there will be times that you will want to give up on it - if you stick through that first 6 -12 months you will get through it!

I did my 3 years externally, it was hard work but somehow time goes fast being so busy.

Congratulations!

Chalys - I do 2 weeks intensive at the start of each semester them the rest is done externally. I have studied in the past so know how tough it gets (mind you not since having 4 kids lol) but I'm still bloody excited and can't wait to get started.

Chalys - I do 2 weeks intensive at the start of each semester them the rest is done externally. I have studied in the past so know how tough it gets (mind you not since having 4 kids lol) but I'm still bloody excited and can't wait to get started.

I am beyond excited for you and also I think this will do wonders for your confidence which seems to have taken a hit lately. YOU ARE AWESOME and I think any woman would be blessed to have you by their side during labour.

I am beyond excited for you and also I think this will do wonders for your confidence which seems to have taken a hit lately. YOU ARE AWESOME and I think any woman would be blessed to have you by their side during labour.

Thankyou very much...you sure know how to make a woman feel good about herself!

Sign in to follow this topic